Nightmare on payg

Level 1
    My account over a month ago swapped from eon to eon next I knew nothing about it until I went to top up on eon app that sent me to eon next app which I installed and logged in topped up ……and nothing, hours on the phone still nothing by now meter is at 9p, again hours on the phone nobody could sort the issue out they could see my credits but could not get it to meter, I have sent tweets, emails and Facebook mess for answers to this issue ( I refuse to sit hours on hold on phone) in the end they said will put you on credit meter until resolved, weeks later and finally a person on Facebook mess who cared, was told last night still a issue but top up as normal as will be adding credit to account when finally sorted,( I was told weeks back do not top up as we are not sure it will go to account) so many attempts to top up via the app and online and both fail, it’s shocking service, I dread to think how much I’m going to end up owing, smart meter doing nothing so no idea what I’m using, the app has not updated since 22 feb, why swap us over knowing nothing is working, is anybody else having these issue?
  • 5 Replies

Community Co-ordinator
    Hi @Crazy7,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the smart meters pay as you go.

​​​​​​​We do receive mix feelings comments about the system and it is in our agenda to make sure the system works for all our customers. I will be feeding back your comments to the team.

In the mean time is there anything I can help with ?

​​​​​​​Benedetta
    Caring and loving for each other is not a sign or weakness, instead it is a sign of strength. 🌻
    This is what our community is all about. 🌞

Let's make positive change 💚
    Level 41
    @Bennie_EONNext

since @Crazy7 wants to know how much is owing , getting some readings from them and doing some calculations would be of practical assistance.

As it is your response though welcome is of no real help. Sorry but that’s totally true.
    ​​​​​​​and a permanent move to a credit account and dad might also be appreciated.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters.
    Community Co-ordinator
    Hey @meldrewreborn,

Thank you for your suggestions, I have already made contact with @Crazy7 to make sure he can get the support needed. About my answer, I can say that although they might not be practical solutions, we do take them into account in order to find new or better ways to help our customers.

​​​​​​​
    Level 1
    Well a update I still can’t top up my electric, can’t even load the app up that just spins, I was told would be fixed at the end of this week……shock horror it hasn’t , still no idea what I will eventually end up owing this company, got to be the worst company ever and think watchdog type investigation needed, you swapped us all over with a system that can’t handle a smart PAYG Meter and leaving us getting angrier and angrier
    Level 1
    To the person who sent me a message I did reply but on submitting (unsure if it sent) I got I can’t send a message wait 14 secs I did pressed submit again and same thing