Renewing my tariff

Level 1
    Good afternoon everyone

My current fixed tariff is due to end soon and I have been researching what my options are for what lies ahead. Nothing very good I see.

I have been given 2 options , one is to choose next flex tariff that can go up and down, Im thinking more up!! Option 2 is to choose next online v 13 coming in at ridiculous costs.

So from £68.00 a month to either £127.80 which is the next flex option that could go up or down or the other optiion is £165.32 a month.

I have no idea where the extra income is going to come from and feel at a loss on what to do.

Terrible to be making these choices. I am already very careful on my usage but more than double is making me very anxious indeed. I would appreciate any help on what to do. Thank you
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @FrancesC

In a way you are fortunate to have been spared the very high prices that are now the norm in the market.

I fully agree that the choices you face are not easy to resolve.

I have done this exercise a couple of times already and think that, allowing for decreased heating consumption in the summer months, for V13 to work out best value over a year, you need to factor in another increase in variable rates from October of approximately 70%, and who knows what will be the case next April when another increase is possible.

The summer period should be used to do a rigorous audit of where your energy get used. Convenience comes at at high price now because electricity is so very expensive compared to what used to be the case. Electricity is at least 4 times the price of gas, so you should always prioritise gas use over electricity if you have that choice.

The Energy Saving Trust has many good ideas, which everybody should consider. But nobody pretends that we face an easy time in the future.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.