meter reading

Level 1
    When i get up in the morning, since the new tariff started my gas and electricity would be at approximately 80p at 7 in the morning. However today when I checked the smart meter at 7 o'clock it was already showing £3.15!!!! How can this be right when we have had hardly electricity on and no gas as we went to bed at 11.30pm!!!!!
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hi there @Ayjay ,

It's worth noting that Daily Standing Charges are added to the charges shown on your IHD shortly after midnight and by 7am, but they're never usually more than maybe £2 a day combined. In fact, I'd be very surprised if any domestic tariff had a £2 a day SC on it.

My first thought is that your tariff rates aren't set correctly. I can ask @PeterT_EONNext to try and update them for you though. He will also need to notify the Smart Team in the background as well, as apparently just updating the rates alone isn't always enough. Hang in there for a bit!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
  • Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    Hi @Ayjay Welcome to the Community 😄

I've had a look at your tariff rates and they seem to be set correctly for both your gas and electricity for the tariff you're on, these tariff rates have also been updated on your in home display.

Your in home display will show you your standing charge plus any usage throughout the day (and also an average of real-time usage based on what appliances are switched on) so in all honesty, it would be a little difficult for us to know for sure why your in home display was showing this amount at 7am in the morning unless we know exactly what was being used in the house at the time.

Was this the overall usage, or just for the gas, or just the electricity?

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here