Smart Meter?

Level 1
    Has anyone else had the problem of their NEW Smart Gas meter seemingly to be invisible to Eon? Ours was fitted last summer and, 5 months later, Eon still can't read it. Their spiel says it could be a couple of weeks from when they took over my account before they can. IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS SO FAR ! When will they get their act together - they can read the electricity one right from the start and my in-house display shows both meter reading OK so the meters are communicating with each other OK.
  • 5 Replies

Level 1
    Hi,

I have the same problem... I had both meters installed about a month ago. I cannot even submit my gas readings manually online, because there is only a new meter number and a message: '' We are still getting your meter details. Once we have these you will be able to give us your meter readings through your online account''.

As for electricity, I submitted my readings manually, as it does not seem to be sending any data to them either.

I phoned e-on next today and a guy on the phone took my gas meter reading and suggested waiting another month. However, I do not believe that anything will change in a month.

I regret having these meters installed.
    Community Team
    Good afternoon lovely community members 😊

I am sorry that you have had such a problem with these meters and not having the correct details registered with us!
    It is a national database that can update these and should be doing! Please contact a member of our team on social media (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) with your account details and what has happened and they will be able to keep an eye on it and follow/chase things 😇

Hannah
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 1
    Thanks. I have just left a message on Twitter... I am on the fixed tariff until the end of summer, but I think that I will be looking at changing my gas/energy supplier in the future. I am not impressed with E-on Customer service at all...

I had issues with my gas meter in the past (condensation inside my meter, could not read numbers). I contacted E-on next by email. I kept on getting different replies from different people, apparently from India or somewhere abroad. They didn't help me at all and the whole experience was annoying.

Then it was a struggle to arrange a visit from an engineer over the phone in the UK... The woman on the phone was telling me that it was not their job to change my meter, that it was me, who was responsible...

Now I have these new smart meters, that do not appear to be registered/sending readings and I am told to wait for another month))): So, based on my experience of customer service, I think I should be looking into changing my gas/energy supplier in the future.

You have all these forums, social media accounts, phone number (long waiting times, by the way), emails, but there is no immediate help/resolution available.
    Level 91
    @Zoe555

You will merely recreate all existing problems by moving elsewhere, and there is no longer a financial advantage to changing supplier. Once you get things fixed , I'd stay put.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.