Call help

Level 79
    Hi @millzee ,

I'm afraid that's a problem I've dealt with for nearly a year now. This forum is ultimately running some very old software that really needs updating, but the provider has failed to do so yet. I'm not sure if they ever will either.

I've seen a seriously high number of issues with topping up E.On Next meters online recently. The best advice I can give for now would be to top-up in a shop that offers either PayPoint or Payzone services, as these run on a different system that's more reliable. I'm afraid there's no easy way for anyone to retrieve the UTRN for you, because it's only on the receipt that gets sent once the payment process is done. If you top-up in a shop, you'll get that UTRN immediately on the receipt itself.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Unfortunately after 20 years with eon I'm having to switch supplier as everything about the platform is broken.
    Community Team
    @theunknowntech in this instance the customer would still be able to use this credit it just means the customer won't be able to top up until the meter has been exchanged. If the customer wanted to contact us to book an appointment of course they can but it is quicker to go off supply and have an emergency call out. Either way the customer would still have to contact our teams to get an appointment booked in 😊

Deb 🌻
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

E.ON Next Poll - How much do you know about the Priority Service Register? - If you have a spare 2 minutes 🕑 we'd love if you complete our poll about the Priority Service Register 🤗
    Level 79
    I see.

Personally, I'd still probably argue that it's better to set up the appointment immediately anyway so that it's at least on the system. It can always be upgraded to an emergency later. If it were me, I'd much rather be reassured that someone knows about the issue and is on the case, than leave it until the last minute.
    Level 91
    @DebF_EONNext

If you have a planned appointment then you can ensure you're ready for a short supply interruption. If you wait for your credit to run our then you have first of all to get through to customer services (and that is not easy) and then wait for the engineer. And if your supply goes off at 10PM on a Saturday night when are you likely to see an engineer? For a family with children this is not an acceptable situation.

And is this an issue only for people on prepayment meters, the same people who pay the highest charges for their power, but tend to be people on the fringes of fuel poverty? The advice is no doubt the standard Eon Next advice, but its not fit for purpose.