Smart meter removal

Level 1
    Please can you help me get these removed as are affecting my health.
  • 9 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Cazzy

There is no health risk of any kind from smart meters. Your symptoms will have some other cause.

These matters have been investigated thoroughly over many year by eminent scientists and no causal link has been found. But old wives tales and conspiracy theories don’t stop just because of scientific evidence - the are still people promoting the notion that our world is flat. I’m suspicious that they do it just for fun, but people who follow the idea may suffer harm as a result.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
  • Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    To add to what @retrotecchie said...

I live in a one bed flat with literally TONS of Ubiquiti UniFi kit (I mirrored the setup of my friend Blastoise186). We both have stuff that's seriously overpowered Wi-Fi that's actually FCC Class B (approved for business use but not technically domestic in the USA) but has CE and UK CA all over it, which approves it for domestic use in the UK. We've experienced absolutely no ill effects whatsoever despite all of our UniFi Access Points blasting out Wi-Fi at full power and our UniFi Dream Machines blasting out both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for about two years now.

And this is LITERALLY the most overpowered Wi-Fi kit you could possibly get your hands on for personal use. It may be running at the maximum TX Power allowed in the UK by Ofcom, but neither of us have experienced a single health issue. Nor has any other tenant in the building where Blastoise lives. And yes, we both have Smart Meters and two Chameleon IHD6-CAD-PPMID each as well.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Manager
    @Cazzy Anasa here 👋 welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you'd like your smart meters removed due to your health, if its a personal matter we'd love to have a chat with you about this please get in touch via Facebook, twitter or email or if its something you can discuss here on the community please feel free to reach out and our community members will be glad to help if they can - please don't provide any of your personal details on the forum such as your account details - we're here to help 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 78
    It's unlikely that smart meters are causing you health issues at all. Please describe the symptoms you're feeling as that might help. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I know enough about how smart meters work to know if they're actually related.
    Level 91
    @Anasa_EONNext

This is a duplicate thread - we've answered @Cazzy in the other thread so perhaps this one could be removed?
    Level 1
    Insomnia, headaches cough are few things I’ve noticed since living here. Not sure if they are related but I didn’t have them in my other house where no smart meters were installed. Look forward to your thoughts on this.
    Level 92
    @Cazzy

Do you have a broadband router with wifi? Do you use a mobile phone? If so, they will be producing more radio frequency energy than your smart meters.

They operate at very low power in the same band as a mobile phone as that is how they communicate with the outside world. They operate at extremely low power at 2.4GHz between the meters and the In Home Display which is the same band as Bluetooth, WiFi and a lot of wireless stuff, but at much lower powers.

They will have less of an impact on health than whatever you are using to post on this forum, which is almost zero anyway.

I am an electronics engineer, and have significant knowledge of 'health physics' so I'm sure the issue is not your smart meters.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 24-11-22 at 11:39.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 78
    Insomnia, headaches cough are few things I’ve noticed since living here. Not sure if they are related but I didn’t have them in my other house where no smart meters were installed. Look forward to your thoughts on this.

To me that suggests some other issue. Damp and toxic mould come to mind...
    Level 92
    @theunknowntech

And I live in a 19th century stone built cottage in Wales and have had to use some seriously high powered kit to get any kind of signal from the main house to the outbuildings I use as offices and workshops. Most of my kit is hardwired with CAT6 and fibre optics but I need good signal for my portable devices and for visitors. I have a microwave link between the house and a barn which, when I need to use it, will pump network traffic at gigabit speeds with power levels that would suck the paint off your walls and give you a permanent orange afro if you put your head in front of it for any length of time! Quite literally, military grade.

Measuring on the ground, or at head height, there is actually more detectable e/m radiation at 50Hz from the overhead power cables coming into the house than any other source.