Tariffs

Level 1
    Hi
    can anyone help me understand my options please.
    my fixed rate finished in February and I am now just on next flex. I have been offered some tariffs, fixed at extortionate prices but a variable one which would be double what I’m paying now. It states the variable has no end date so isn’t this just basically what I am on now which is not really a tariff. So I’m confused with being offered a variable rate with no end date . I’m at a loss to understand
  • 1 Reply

Level 3
    I`m afraid next flex is the default tariff that you are put on when your contract ends and it is left to you select a new fixed or variable tariff that is best suited to, of course we are going through very turbulent times in the energy market and prices are predicted to go up yet again in the Autumn, to avoid that you can take out a fixed deal, but many of the better affordable ones have been withdrawn now.
    You can stay put and hope the October hike doesn`t hurt too much and hope some more deals are offered, or you an bite the bullet an sign up to a new fixed deal now.
    We are living in difficult times and sadly that is the reality of the situation.
    Last edited by UKDave51; 25-03-22 at 16:26.