How to contact E.ON Next

Community Manager
    @wayne123 This is also an option so you can add another person to the account, we'd need their permission for this to be done so not something that you can do yourself 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 5
    Just for record unless this becomes part of a legal wrangle we have been paying 33.. direct debit for some time per month, suddenly after lock down it goes up to 454 per month and they have mercenary just taken the monies form the account with out informing us of any increase, this is despite give readings which show nothing like this kind of usage. Is this legal surely they should inform us of the increase and why. To make matters worse every time. I try to sort this out we get help up on phone for hours before getting through, told to email or go online were no online portal is available or been set up. Told they will phone the relevant parties and still nothing has been resolved. How can someone just grab money from ones account, this must be illegal.
    Level 92
    @wayne123

All the time you were paying £33 a month, were you submitting regular, accurate meter readings, and having regular bills generated? It's been several years since £33 was a reasonable figure for a monthly DD. Mine was £42 a month a year ago, rising to around £60 after this April's price hikes and now my monthly costs are around £120.

Do your bills for the period show any 'estimated' readings at all?

Just trying to figure out what has happened here.

As of today, £33 would just about cover a dual fuel standing charge, with little or no actual energy consumption.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    They had reading done by themselves and we knew it would increase but they did not inform us of any increase in direct debit they just took the money and it is excessive as we have submitted readings and it shud, be around 60 per month. Its as if they have over estimated and charging the over estimated amount each month.
    Level 92
    @wayne123

As far as I am aware, they cannot just change the direct debit without telling you, either by email, letter or notice on your bill. Especially if you have a fixed monthly DD amount. Do you have an online account with E.On Next, or do you just get paper bills by post? Have you always been with Eon or were you migrated over from a different supplier?

All suppliers have to do an annual review of your account to see that your DD is enough. It's called 'payment adequacy'. After any annual review you should have been informed of any changes. I'm not defending E.On here, just trying to figure out what's been going on with your situation.

The more information we have, the better chance we have of trying to find the right tactics to get you a satisfactory resolution.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 21-11-22 at 15:51.
    Level 5
    Always been with Eon and at the moment just get paper bills by post.
    Level 5
    I think what may of happened is that the direct debit was at 33 for some time maybe 3 years but its difficult to tell and maybe should of been around 60 based on the latest reading but even 27 per month difference over 3 years is say 900 the Direct debit debit for the past 4 months has been at 434 per month..
    Level 91
    @wayne123

if you account is in credit then you are entitled to have that back. Whether it’s sensible to do so is another matter. Martin Lewis suggests having a minimum of 2 months direct debit amount as credit at this time of year because of heavier winter bills to come
    An up to date reading is necessary to enable the supplier to update an account before they permit you credit to be withdrawn.

several people can be on the account - legally each are liable for the whole bill and normally each have to speak to customer services at the same time because of the legal liability that is being accepted.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    yes but the direct debit i reduce to 390 per month but I don't use anything like that based the last two months readings its more like 60-80 per month its already 400 in credit. I need to reduce the direct debit..
    Level 91
    @wayne123

You could ask for a full refund of the credit balance and change your tariff to Variable DD where you pay the exact amount of the bill each month whilst still keeping your DD discount.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.