Need a new IHD? SmartView 2 not working? Here's some alternative IHD options

@theunknowntech Hi there, Just had my smart IHD setup by an engineer (was a month or so after the smart meters were installed for which I was a bit miffed as it says the display "should" be left with you on the day of the meter install - but that's for another day).

The inhouse display I have says "smartview3" on it and I was just wondering if this a new device and if so I wonder if it is an improvement on the smartview2 that this thread refers to?

Many thanks
    Paul
    Level 78
    The SmartView 3 is basically a SmartView 2 with a new badge on it and maybe minor hardware tweaks.

Realistically speaking, there's nothing on an SV3 that an SV2 can't do either. They're the same but it's just a marketing trick.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 78
    Also... @Beki_EONNext even the SV2 is supposed to be IP54 rated... So it should have just coped with being splashed by that dehumidifier. That's the whole point of an IP54 Rating!
    Level 1
    Also... @Beki_EONNext even the SV2 is supposed to be IP54 rated... So it should have just coped with being splashed by that dehumidifier. That's the whole point of an IP54 Rating!

My SV2 was not splashed by water from dehumidifier.
    The actual power lead which as you know forms part of the stand foot plate of the SV2 was actually sat in around 2 to 3mm of water from my rock salt lamps drip tray witch had over flowed without me spotting this.
    Even a IP54 rated connector would struggle as they are water resistant not 100% water proof. (Dust Proof, Splash Proof).

I am not having a go just stating what happened at my end with my SV2 IHD setting on fire.
    The SmartView 3 is basically a SmartView 2 with a new badge on it and maybe minor hardware tweaks.

Realistically speaking, there's nothing on an SV3 that an SV2 can't do either. They're the same but it's just a marketing trick.
    Oh, That's a shame. Fingers crossed mine does not pack in after 1 week as the engineer suggested it might.
    Level 78
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if those things fail in a bazillion different ways. :(

Thanks for the info btw @Karln . I've updated my records
    @theunknowntech
    Thanks for the info. HOWEVER...

When my previous supplier, Igloo, went bust around autumn 2021 I was automatically registered with E.ON. I already had a smart meter and IHD. However, the device does not work properly now, in various ways, most importantly:

• the unit prices for gas and electricity are not correct and there is no way I can change them. This means that the HID is giving me the wrong daily/monthly costs, making it useless

This is no doubt because the IHD does not communicate properly with E.ON.

I have asked via the phone, several times if E.ON would send me one because in fact I have never had a new one since becoming a customer.

I was told initially that I'd have to buy one. Apart from being unfair, I object to paying for something which is meant to help me save energy and money in a crisis where energy companies are creaming it off the public, whilst supposedly having a legal responsibility to advice and support us in our energy saving efforts.

A second request ended with a promise to get the smart meter team to get in touch to see how they can help get my current IHD working and if not to get a new one installed. I have heard nothing.

Since it takes 30-45 mins to get a call answered I am asking here as an alternative route.

Can you help me please?
    Level 92
    @PJW

Firstly, are your meters actually working in smart mode and sending readings to the supplier?

You can check that here https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

If all is well, then the problem with the IHD is nothing to do with E.On as the IHD communicates directly with the meters themselves and not via E.On.

If the IHD is working in as much as showing you meter readings and actual consumption and it's just the pricing that is incorrect, then send an email to hi@eonnext.com with all your account details in the body of the email and 'Request smart meter tariff push' in the subject.

That should get you back on track.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie
    Thanks - will wait for a +ve response