Smart Meter Problem

Level 2
    Hi since I have moved over to EON next I have noticed that my smart meter handset jumps up in 30p increments. For example this morning I have been to work, came home popped the kettle on one cup set at 80 Degree (as I can set temp on it) watch smart meter reader jump from 67p to £1.01 still going up with nothing extra turned on since I left this morning reading currently £1.04. Still no heating on The meters are about 3 years old fitted by Scottish Power. I have never had this problem both with Scottish Power nor with EON. It’s only a recent issue since the switch to next. I am doing everything possible to not use energy it’s 10.5 degrees in here, 2 warm drinks a day set at 80 degrees etc etc. I am on a fixed rate till October so can’t really understand the sudden increase and why it jumps by so much.
    I have read that smart readers will charge more at peak times but thought that hadn’t come in yet.
    Thanks in advance
  • 3 Replies

Level 78
    Howdy @amlmri ,

Oops... That's a bit expensive. I think I can get you a discount though with some clever use of a few SMETS Commands. @PeterT_EONNext have you got that price squashing anvil handy? XD
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @amlmri It looks like we sent a tariff update to your Smart Meters on 25th February - please can you reset your device (as close to the electricity meter as possible) then leave the in home display next to the meter for 10 minutes before returning it back to where you usually keep it.

This should fix any issues with the info on the display, please let me know if nothing changes 😄

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 3
    @amlmri Seems like the SMs don`t do what it says on the tin, unreliable is an understatement, but it needs to be understood that your bill isn`t what you see on it. i try to estimate my bills from my readings, it`s not easy but gives me some idea what I`m spending.