IHD not working 4 days after addition of the gas meter.

@gerry @theunknowntech Correct me please, if I am wrong, but can only one supplier have access to the comms hub at a time?
    Level 78
    Yup. The Comms Hub remains property of DCC at all times and it is possible for multiple suppliers to have access. In this case, OVO has control over the ESME and you have control over the GSME but neither supplier can touch the other meter. This has been supported right since SMETS1 first launched, albeit with not very good support at the time. SMETS2 is far more capable of handling it. Technically, this is one of those cases where I'd need to rope in Blastoise186 to help me solve this one, but he's already pretty tied up this week and can't be around much.

What I think needs to happen, is for ONE of the two suppliers to re-enable that Geo Trio II Touch IHD and disable the IHDL SmartView 2. I don't think it matters which supplier does that. Once the IHD starts talking to the meter that supplier has access to, I think the other will be able to enable the same IHD to talk to the other meter. Either way, the SmartView 2 needs to be unpaired completely to avoid further clashes, at least while this stuff is being fixed up. If the Geo Trio II Touch then starts working properly, there'll be little to no value in getting the SV2 set up again. I want to recommend trying to use the superior IHD first as you'll probably get better luck with that one.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Thanks for the advice so far but I don't seem to have got anywhere.
    Do I need to leave both, neither or just the GEO TRIO II IHD plugged in? When I contacted OVO they said that the SSE supplied GEO Trio II is not supported by them and that they would provide a replacement. However they have none in stock and don't know when they will have! If I got an Ivie Bud would that help sort this out or make it worse :-(
    Level 78
    You won't get any worse by having an ivie Bud. I've got a friend who knows the forum moderators of the OVO Forum, so I'll share this thread with him and see if he can get their advice. Bear with me!

For now, I'd disable the SmartView 2 as that's the most likely culprit.
    Level 1
    Hi @theunknowntech,
    Thankyou for the help so far. I have good news!

The Ivie Bud that I ordered on Saturday arrived today. Following the simple instructions it worked on both the meters within a few minutes. Well pleased.

I don't for the life of me understand why the advice given over the phone by EON and OVO appears so wrong. Such as "just leave it switched on for 8 weeks and it will fix itself".

Best Wishes,
    Gerry
    Level 78
    Nice one. I hope you enjoy it. Just so you're aware, I don't get any commission or anything from recommending the ivie Bud, I just happen to know it exists. This is also why I send you directly to the homepage using the same link you'd get out of Google - because then it's impossible for me to get any kickback out of it (which is a deliberate choice I made some time ago).

By the way, I've notified my friend Blastoise186 of your feedback regarding OVO's support of Geo IHDs. He's passed that onto the community manager of the OVO Forum, thanks for the catch. Neither myself nor Blastoise can make any promises about whether it'll be actioned but we've made sure someone at OVO is aware of it. If we get any kind of response, I'll let you know.
    Level 78
    Hi @gerry ,

I've had an update from Blastoise186 that he wants me to pass over to you. The community manager on the OVO Forum has agreed with you and believes that the OVO Support Team should be offering support for Geo IHDs. He's going to discuss it internally with an internal team member and a memo will be sent out to the Support Team as a reminder if needed.

The community manager also thanks you for bringing this up. He'll take it from here.