EonNext.com throws error in Safari15 Ipados

Level 1
    Hi All

EonNext.com partially loads before throwing “an error has occurred” message in Safari15 on IpadOS. Community.eonnext.com works fine! Clearing cache and website data, turning off experimental features, force closing Safari and restarting Ipad has no effect. EonNext.com works fine in Chrome. Eon energy site works fine in Safari.

Any ideas or is this a common issue? Not seen anything posted so guess not?

Cheers
  • 4 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @Soluto ,

I'm theunknowntech and I'm a forum volunteer around here. I have to admit that I don't have any Apple devices handy to try and play with this, and the usual tools I'd use in the form of Browserstack and WebPageTest seem to be choking on Safari 15 in iPadOS 15 right now so I can't use those either. I'll ask @PeterT_EONNext for help on this one.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @Soluto Welcome to the Community!

That's quite strange, this is the first time I've heard this one 🤔 Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

From what I can see, it seems to be working fine on the iPhone running the most up to date software and version of Safari so this may be an issue just with iPadOS (Unfortunately, I don't have one to test this)

I'll report this to our tech team who can take a look into this, they may be limited on what they can do though if this bug is linked to the version of the browser on iPadOS as opposed to the website itself.

For now, please use Chrome to access our website via your iPad and hopefully this will be fixed either with an iPadOS update, or a change to the website if any errors are found on our end.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext

Thanks Peter. I found a workaround which is to turn off the default setting to request the desktop site. Reports suggest that Safari is becoming increasingly unpopular because of performance and page rendering problems. I wonder if in general website testing neglects Safari on IpadOS.
    Level 78
    Probably does. Unfortunately it's impossible for me to even get Safari 15 in iPadOS to work on WebPageTest and Browserstack for some reason right now. One of the two uses iOS Device Simulators to emulate iPads, the other uses actual iPads. If both are breaking, that's not good.

And this is why I hate Apple stuff and refuse to use it.