Issues with new Smart Meter (Electricity)

Level 1
    I had gas and electricity Smart Meters fitted last week. Gas one is fine, is communicating correctly with the IHD and I can enter a manual reading online if I want to.

Electricity is working (lights are flashing on it) and is telling me how many watts I'm using currently on the IHD but it's not showing how many kWh I'm using so far. I've checked on my account online, and it seems that my old meter is still showing as active, despite my new meter also being listed, and I can't enter a manual reading for my new meter.

Additionally, my new tariff is showing on the IHD for gas, but it's still using the old tariff for electricity.

When I phoned up, they suggested someone coming out to look at it but I work during the day. I was asked whether I could take a day off work for this (!!) but I can't do that in my job and wouldn't do anyway. The earliest I can therefore have someone out isn't for another 6 weeks. I was told to enter manual readings on the app in the meantime but it doesn't let me and just says they are still waiting for the details of my electricity meter.

Is there anything that can be done remotely to fix this please as with going onto the more expensive tariff now I would like to be able to track my spending?
  • 4 Replies

Level 78
    Hi @bmfield !

I'm theunknowntech and I'm exactly the kind of expert you're after. Even though I'm only a forum volunteer, I'm a very powerful one!

It'll probably take a few more days for your electric meter to be fully registered to your account, after which you'll be able to submit meter readings again and the old one should be de-activated completely - the engineers report has to be submitted and reviewed first to double check everything is in order. However, I would have assumed the electric meter would have started to submit by now, so I'll ask @Anasa_EONNext to double check the read schedule and force a tariff update through, just to be safe.

As for your IHD, I can try to help with that too. Please post photos of it when you get chance so I can identify the one you've got. Once I have that, I'll be able to get the instructions you're after.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    @theunknowntech Hi - my IHD is a Chameleon. Looking at photos online it's a IHD3.
    Community Manager
    @theunknowntech and @bmfield I've done all the updates our end - if you're still having trouble you can get hold of us via Facebook, twitter or instagram 24/7 or give us a call on 0808 501 5200 and we can look info this further if need be 😊

Anasa 💡
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 04-03-22 at 21:19.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 1
    Thanks @Anasa_EONNext

The number of kWh for the electricity is now showing on the IHD but it's stuck on the old meter's tariff, presumably because this hasn't been deactivated on my account yet, despite the new meter also being on my account. I've sent a message on Facebook as hopefully this should be an easy fix remotely rather than having to wait until April for an engineer to visit.