• Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 11

    29-07-21 , 07:55

    Over 6 weeks and still no update. I think its fairly safe to assume they aren't developing an app. How long can it reasonably take? If they hadn't sacked all the npower staff so quickly they might have been able to use them.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    29-07-21 , 14:38

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    How long can it reasonably take? If they hadn't sacked all the npower staff so quickly they might have been able to use them.
    It could reasonably take longer if overheads are minimised leading to a cheaper deal on energy supply. On the other hand, if no expense is spared, then the cost will ultimately be passed to us customers for faster development.
    Eon Next has, however, prioritised its customer service to me, which was, I think, the right thing to do, and transparent billing, more rapid smart meter roll out etc.
    At the end of the day, value for money is most important, and reasonablešŸ˜‰
  • Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

    29-07-21 , 16:36

    In some ways, it feels like a reasonable stepping stone would probably be to just make a version of the existing mobile site into an app using something like Apache Cordova or React Native and then build that using CodePush to create "native" Android and iOS apps with. Might be a bit clunky, but probably better than nothing. The real app can always be released as an update later on...
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 11

    29-07-21 , 19:51

    Quote Originally Posted by Landmark View Post
    It could reasonably take longer if overheads are minimised leading to a cheaper deal on energy supply. On the other hand, if no expense is spared, then the cost will ultimately be passed to us customers for faster development.
    Eon Next has, however, prioritised its customer service to me, which was, I think, the right thing to do, and transparent billing, more rapid smart meter roll out etc.
    At the end of the day, value for money is most important, and reasonablešŸ˜‰

    they arenā€™t cheap though. Iā€™ve moved to Octopus who have everything and are still 15% cheaper a month.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    30-07-21 , 20:47

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    they arenā€™t cheap though.
    Cheaper according to what; standing costs or gas/electric supply per kw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    Iā€™ve moved to Octopus who have everything and are still 15% cheaper a month.
    OK assuming that to be the case (maybe I shouldn't think that!) begs the following question: 'what's the point of participation on this forum if one doesn't use Eon Next anymore'.
  • Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 1

    31-07-21 , 16:47

    Cheapest isn't always the best. My energy supplier definitely isn't the cheapest but offers pretty good service alongside a very well used community forum (and no, I'm not with E.On or Octopus).

    I'm one of the top five most active forum volunteers over at that forum, albeit under a different username and I see loads of people stopping by all the time over there. I can't say the same about this forum though. I am basically pretty much the only volunteer helping out on here at the moment and it's an extremely slow forum. I think I've seen maybe one or two active threads every couple of days on here? The moderators allow anyone to sign up regardless of supplier (which is the same policy my supplier has) and it's mainly to make it not feel too exclusive which would be a bad thing. And it also means people can share opinions freely regardless of who they're with.

    After all, if this forum was exclusively for E.On Next customers, I'd have been booted out much sooner as I wouldn't have met the criteria.