• Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 12

    29-07-21

    Over 6 weeks and still no update. I think its fairly safe to assume they aren't developing an app. How long can it reasonably take? If they hadn't sacked all the npower staff so quickly they might have been able to use them.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 130
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 7

    29-07-21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    How long can it reasonably take? If they hadn't sacked all the npower staff so quickly they might have been able to use them.
    It could reasonably take longer if overheads are minimised leading to a cheaper deal on energy supply. On the other hand, if no expense is spared, then the cost will ultimately be passed to us customers for faster development.
    Eon Next has, however, prioritised its customer service to me, which was, I think, the right thing to do, and transparent billing, more rapid smart meter roll out etc.
    At the end of the day, value for money is most important, and reasonable😉
  • Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 122
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    29-07-21

    In some ways, it feels like a reasonable stepping stone would probably be to just make a version of the existing mobile site into an app using something like Apache Cordova or React Native and then build that using CodePush to create "native" Android and iOS apps with. Might be a bit clunky, but probably better than nothing. The real app can always be released as an update later on...
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 12

    29-07-21

    Quote Originally Posted by Landmark View Post
    It could reasonably take longer if overheads are minimised leading to a cheaper deal on energy supply. On the other hand, if no expense is spared, then the cost will ultimately be passed to us customers for faster development.
    Eon Next has, however, prioritised its customer service to me, which was, I think, the right thing to do, and transparent billing, more rapid smart meter roll out etc.
    At the end of the day, value for money is most important, and reasonable😉

    they aren’t cheap though. I’ve moved to Octopus who have everything and are still 15% cheaper a month.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 130
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 7

    30-07-21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    they aren’t cheap though.
    Cheaper according to what; standing costs or gas/electric supply per kw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    I’ve moved to Octopus who have everything and are still 15% cheaper a month.
    OK assuming that to be the case (maybe I shouldn't think that!) begs the following question: 'what's the point of participation on this forum if one doesn't use Eon Next anymore'.
  • Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 122
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    31-07-21

    Cheapest isn't always the best. My energy supplier definitely isn't the cheapest but offers pretty good service alongside a very well used community forum (and no, I'm not with E.On or Octopus).

    I'm one of the top five most active forum volunteers over at that forum, albeit under a different username and I see loads of people stopping by all the time over there. I can't say the same about this forum though. I am basically pretty much the only volunteer helping out on here at the moment and it's an extremely slow forum. I think I've seen maybe one or two active threads every couple of days on here? The moderators allow anyone to sign up regardless of supplier (which is the same policy my supplier has) and it's mainly to make it not feel too exclusive which would be a bad thing. And it also means people can share opinions freely regardless of who they're with.

    After all, if this forum was exclusively for E.On Next customers, I'd have been booted out much sooner as I wouldn't have met the criteria.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 12

    01-08-21

    I’m still waiting for my money back from Eon and once they finally pay up, I’ll be gone and good riddance to them. It has been the single worst experience I’ve ever had dealing with a service company. They’ve lost direct debits, made numerous mistakes then lost emails as well. In the mean time I want to make as many other people aware that they can do better than the piss poor service.

    it shouldn’t be up to other members on here to provide advice. Maybe if the admins on here were better the site might be more active but they seem more interested in talking about Marvel shows than actually adding anything of value.

    The overall impression of Eon is that they really couldn’t give a toss. They launched without essential services in place, the staff have a very laid back attitude to customer care and senior management don’t even engage at all.
  • Join Date: Jul 2021
    Posts: 122
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    02-08-21

    While I do agree with the rest of your comment, personally, I would be inclined to disagree with you about the purpose of a community forum. It's not meant to be just another contact channel to reach staff - it should be community led and community supported. Although unfortunately, the launch for this community hasn't exactly been very successful and is a bit of a ghost town.
  • Join Date: Apr 2021
    Posts: 94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 3

    03-08-21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richtea78 View Post
    I’m still waiting for my money back from Eon and once they finally pay up, I’ll be gone and good riddance to them. It has been the single worst experience I’ve ever had dealing with a service company. They’ve lost direct debits, made numerous mistakes then lost emails as well. In the mean time I want to make as many other people aware that they can do better than the piss poor service.

    it shouldn’t be up to other members on here to provide advice. Maybe if the admins on here were better the site might be more active but they seem more interested in talking about Marvel shows than actually adding anything of value.

    The overall impression of Eon is that they really couldn’t give a toss. They launched without essential services in place, the staff have a very laid back attitude to customer care and senior management don’t even engage at all.


    Hi @RichTea78

    If you'd like to private message your account information I'd be happy to chase this up for you

    Cheers!

    ​​​​​​​Beth :)