Smart Metres Not Working!!

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    Hi,
    I moved to E-on from Bulb around 11 months ago. Bulb installed both my Gas & Electric Smart Metres. Since they were installed they have never worked properly. I've always had to send in my Gas readings manually but the electric metre worked fine for a while until that stopped working also & they both became Dumb Metres. Anyway, I had no joy with Bulb so I joined E-On thinking they might be able to get them working what with them being Mark 2 Smart Metres. Well, after 11 months they are still not working! :-( I phoned E-On again a few minutes ago and they told me I need a D86 Flow sending over from my old energy company to move things forward. I've just emailed Bulb to inform them to send over this D86 Flow to E-on. It's been a right pain and sometimes I just wished I had kept with the original old metres if I knew it was going to be this much hassle? Anybody else had similar issues with Smart Metres?
  • 2 Replies

Level 78
    Wait a second... How did you manage to switch supplier "successfully" for this long with an active read dispute still going?!?!

A D86 is not something you're supposed to have to deal with - it's meant to be dealt with between both suppliers in dispute with each other. Unfortunately, while Bulb and E.On are still locking themselves into this dispute, the switch cannot truly complete and control over your meters probably can't be transferred properly. If E.On needs that D86, then they need to ping a request to Bulb on your behalf as you can't do that yourself. If my understanding of a D86 is correct, you're technically still on-supply with Bulb until the dispute is resolved, so you're effectively stuck in limbo between the two suppliers right now. It's quite possible that this is the reason your meters aren't working properly right now.

Let me see if @Bennie_EONNext is around. She might be able to get you some progress.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @Jetski2 Hey there, Beki here 👋 Sorry for the delayed response, as much as we would love to be, we can't be here 24/7 unlike our social squad!
    I tried to locate your account with your email address but no success. Can you ping a message over to the social team on Facebook/Twitter and someone can definitely get this looked into for you. 😊
    @theunknowntech is absolutely right though...you don't need to know or even deal with a D86 - that's industry terminology. Explain the situation to the team and perhaps send them the link to this convo and they will be able to get this sorted. 😊