Gas meter replaced after leak - how does EON know

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    There was a gas leak at my flat at my Mums flat and they replaced the gas meter. It was an emergency repair from what I understand so not E.on who came out. The new meter started at zero and so submitting the reading this month it alerted that it looked low. I am worried because I would have thought Eon should know the meter was replaced, have had a reading from the old meter at the point of replacement and expect a low meter reading now with the new reading. Anyone had a gas meter replaced like this and understand how Eon is informed?
  • 1 Reply

Community Team
    Hey @wibblywobbly 👋

This is a great question!

When a meter is exchanged in an emergency we will normally get a report to let us know. Once we have this info we update this on our system & check it's all up to date with the national database too.

It can take a while for the meter exchange to be logged on an account however if your mum is worried about it at all wibblywobbly please tell her to contact us & we'll take a look. We might then ask for a pic of the meter & the information on the little exchange label so we can get this updated if it has been more than 6 weeks.

Deb 🌻