Igloo/Symbio Final Credits - Supplier of Last Resort

Community Team
    Hi @Mabel

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I'm still waiting for some solid answers on this so that we can get to the bottom of why your refund hasn't been received yet.

Just to double check, you've definitely received a final bill from Igloo (the bill stating that it's final and you've been billed up to 2nd October?)

Thanks - Pete 😊
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Yes, I received the final bill from Igloo on 3rd December and I have sent it in to you several times. I've also received and paid several bills now with Sainsburys/Eon. The figures from the Igloo final bill and my first bill with Sainsburys/Eon agree and all tally perfectly. I am due £179.71 credit refund, I've been told my cheque was in the post end of November, end of December, end of January, now the middle of February? and no-one will tell me where my money is, or confirm if it has ever been sent? I really don't know what to do, please please can you help. Mabel
    Community Team
    I'm sorry about all of the mixed messages you've received @Mabel.

I have some more news from a focal who is working closely with the credits we're receiving from both Symbio and Igloo Energy.

I've been advised that cheques have been halted due to your Sainsbury's Energy account being set up here on our system - they've told me that any credits owed for anyone who switched to Sainsbury's Energy during the period Symbio/Igloo fell into administration, will have their credit balance applied to their Sainsbury's Energy account.

Furthermore, I've now been told that this should be today! (fingers crossed this is the case and I'm keeping a very close eye on this for you) 🤞
    @Tobruk - Please note, this should also apply to yourself if you hold a Sainsbury's energy account

Pete 😊
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    That would be wonderful. I had asked way back for my credit to paid directly to my Sainsburys Account, this money was always intended to pay winter energy bills. However I do realise the chaos and disruption caused by so many of the smaller energy companies going bust. So I'm delighted that it will be paid into my Sainsbury's Energy account directly, not least because getting to a bank to pay in a cheque is not easy. If it does appear today, that would truly make my day :) Thanks you, I will keep an eye on it and let you know. Very very relieved, Mabel
    Hey @Tobruk,

I am one of the other incredible 5 community co-ordinators 🕵️‍♀️. Did you manage to receive an answer on Facebook?
    Level 3
    @PeterT_EONNext
    I have my Igloo credit in my Sainsburys Account 😃 Thanks you so much Pete for your help, and for the others in a similar situation, check your account.
    Some peace of mind now I know I will be able to heat and eat this winter. Thank you
    Community Team
    @Mabel Fantastic! I'm sorry about the run around you've had with this, finally resolved now though which is a relief 😌
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext

If you switched to us as part of the Supplier Of Last Resort Process

This means your switch to us was done automatically and you didn't switch online/over the phone to us from one of the above suppliers.If this is the case, any credit should now be on your account, you will see this listed as a 'balance transfer' - There are a small number of people who made an additional payment to Igloo/Symbio after 3rd October 2021. This would have left a credit balance on your account with Igloo/Symbio and this has also since been moved over.If you made an additional payment after 3rd October, you will see this coming over to us also, however, this will be listed as 'Direct Debit - (amount of your payment) - The balance transferred to us plus this Direct Debit amount should equal to the credit balance shown on your final bill.

I really wish this detail was more widely publicised.

I've been waiting to see my Igloo credit balance come over as one payment, which still hasn't happened, but then giving my meter readings today I got a suggestion to try the Community Forum. First thing I did was search for "igloo" and this was the fourth thread mentioned.

I checked my payments and yes I have two credits from Oct and Nov that when added together equal my outstanding Igloo credit balance. Hallelujah! So the forty minute session I had with an agent in January trying to find out what happened to my credit balance was a waste of time because neither of us realised that the balance had already been transferred in two payments: the first marked as "Cash" - not "balance transfer" as you said - and the second as "Direct Debit".

May I suggest that you add this very important detail to the Igloo FAQ page at https://www.eonnext.com/igloo-energy in case there are any others like me still waiting to see their credit balance appear as one payment, when it's already been credited as two payments that add up to the full amount?

May I also suggest that you tell this to your agents as well because it could really save them time?

Many thanks,
    James
    Last edited by DeLory; 15-02-22 at 12:57. Reason: Add user name of original poster
    Level 1
    @Bennie_EONNext

Hi Yes I received the credit over the weekend. Looking back over this thread it looks like the same happened to several others here. It's been a long time but thanks for sorting it out.
    Level 78
    That's actually a pretty good point. I can't do that myself as a volunteer, but I'll ask @Beki_EONNext to get someone to take a look.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!