Chameleon IHD3 not showing usage from smart meter

Level 1
    Hi,

I have a SMETS2 meter with a Chameleon IHD3-CAD-PPMID that has never connected to the meter to display usage since it was initially installed when I was with another provider.

how can I get this synced up please? It doesn't connect (or appear to even try to connect) even when it's sitting on top of the actual meter. It has WiFi connectivity which works fine, it's just not connected to the home area network.

thanks in advance
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Hiya!

It sounds to me as if the IHD isn't paired at all, but there's a way to check. If you look at the Comms Hub above the electric meter, there should be two or five lights. Please tell me which ones are present and how many light up, along with how often.

If you also dig into the menus for the IHD, you might see a pairing option. If you do, then the IHD has definitely not been paired to any meter yet and you'll need to contact customer service to get it set up.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!