Warm home discount.

Level 3
    I`ve just applied successfully for a warm home discount, this helps me hugely given i am on a low income.
    My question is this, does this automatically renew next winter or do I need to go through the application process all over again?

Thanks.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 78
    Best Answer
    Howdy!

The Warm Home Discount only automatically renews for those who qualify under the Core Group. In those cases, the DWP automatically processes the application on your behalf and contacts you directly with further instructions as needed. If you're in the Broader Group however, you'll need to re-apply manually each year to your current supplier. As long as your circumstances means you still qualify for the Broader Group, you'll be able to keep applying every year (the rules don't tend to change much).

Once approved, the £140 should be applied to your account within a few weeks as an account credit and should appear on your bills. It's non-repayable and you'll never be asked to pay it back, even if your circumstances change later on. Don't worry if you don't use it all up during this winter either. The Warm Home Discount payment becomes part of your account balance and will remain on the account until you've used it all up.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Keep an eye on the news and updates forum as we will be updating our Warm Home Discount information soon 😊
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 🏖