How to get a quote assuming single rate, no economy 7

Level 1
    I am with EON and contract ending shortly - I am charged a single rate as my (roughly) 17% overnight usage does not warrant dual rate pricing.<br>I have been given a quote online for the 18 month <strong>Fix to 2023V3</strong> pricing, but this shows use of both rates.<br>Can I get a quote or get this tariff altered to only use single rate pricing if I accept the quote,<br> <br>The rates seem to be<br>&nbsp;- NO ECON 7, standing charge at 23.77 , Single rate 25.67<br>&nbsp;- ECON 7, standing charge 23.85, day rate 30.89, night rate 16.3<br>I use 4696 KW hrs p.a. and night time use is only about 17% and it would be cheaper to only have single rate tariff applied&nbsp; &nbsp;
  • 6 Replies

• Best Answer

Head of Community
    Best Answer
    Hey Stuart

I get how frustrating it must be not to be able to get the flat rate prices you'd like. We are looking at introducing this onto our website but the demand is fairly small so we haven't got a timescale for it at the moment.

And you're right at the moment we're offering limited products and we know there's plenty of advice out there telling customers not to shop around at the moment whilst the energy market recovers.

Thanks

Hannah - here to spread positive energy
    Head of Community
    Hey Stuart

You're right if you are only using that amount of electricity at night you won't be benefiting from the cheaper night rate, so a flat rate would be better.

We can't do this through the online account system yet so you'd need to get in touch with us directly. The quickest way is by sending us a message on Facebook or Twitter, our digi team are there 24/7, 7 days a week to help you out. Or if you prefer you can give us a ring on 0808 501 5200.

Thanks

Hannah
    Level 1
    Similar question Im asking on NEXTFLEX rate.
    Why cant they give you a price on line...FRUSTRATED
    Level 1
    Hi I assume ..... for Flex Next tariff
    and would hope that the same logic and solution will apply as indicated by "Hannah" that for whatever reason they cannot give online the non Econ 7 tariff online ... i.e. need to really contact them. to get single rate applied
    ALSO, given the rates, I assume most folks will be adopting, at least till April, the "standard" variable tariff since this is cheaper AND governance by Ofgem capping is in place on these tariffs till April.
    (may not be a popular observation for all the energy companies, see MSE Martin Lewis videos, sorry cannot find the best one to help)
    Level 1
    Presume the Netflix pricing for both econ 7 and single rate will vary for each rec area?

I had to physically change my meter to revert to single rate a few years back

but a smart meter should be able to summate the 2 reads surely!
    Level 78
    Presume the Netflix pricing for both econ 7 and single rate will vary for each rec area?

I had to physically change my meter to revert to single rate a few years back

but a smart meter should be able to summate the 2 reads surely!

Yup, that's right. There's no single tariff rate that applies to the entire country at once and it's done area by area. Even the OFGEM Default Tariff Cap is different for each MPAN Area to account for this. The exact science behind it all is pretty complicated and I always forget how it works though. Smart Meters are capable of switching between Single-Rate and Economy 7 without needing a Meter Exchange though, provided the supplier is able to handle it. Pretty much all of them also have the ability to track at least two rates as well, to allow for things like Economy 7.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!