IHD's

Level 1
    Sorry I missed this! Did you try making a formal complaint yet? If you have and it's still not resolved, the Energy Ombudsman might be able to help. If the gas meter itself is completely dead, then yeah... That's really not a good thing! If you haven't yet lodged a complaint, it would probably be a good idea, as it will start the eight week timer before you automatically reach deadlock and can escalate to the Ombudsman.

Thanks.
    I have not made a formal complaint as at this point I have nothing to lose - we still have a gas supply.

I have reported the problem 4 times, the last time being on 1st Nov, and the previous owner had reported it 3 times before that (at least that is what I was told).
    In my last conversation I asked them to credit back a charge they made based on an estimate as they had no history of our usage on which to base it (and it was high). I also told them I did not expect to be charged further until they fixed the meter and had accurate readings. The person I spoke to agreed with my view and credited back the estimate. I have a recording of that conversation for reference.
    Last edited by pewe; 19-06-22 at 15:16.
    Level 1
    So there is a change in firmware going on - this is just another kind of software. Now is this what is causing the IHD problems because my IHD was working fine beforehand as were others.
    Level 1
    Hi, what is the app called got to be worth a try

It is called Bright but I think it is probably only for the Hildebrand make of IHD which I have. Link to Play Store -
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nd.brightionic
    Level 1
    @Beki Hi thanks for the reply. I have had the emails to say I am now on eon next. This issue with our smart meter and the IHD has been going on since May this year and with the way I have been rebuffed by eon since then when trying to raise the issue has left a sour taste. Extremely poor customer service and shockingly bad springs to mind!
    Level 78
    Thanks!

By the looks of things, your IHD might not be connecting to the Comms Hub at all, especially since the time is showing as 00:00. This might be a fault, so you'll need to phone this through. I see you've got SMETS2, so I'd like to check two more things really quick.

Does the Wireless symbol on the IHD continue flashing indefinitely, even after it comes up with "Waiting for data"? That would provide me a clue as to a possible diagnosis. Likewise, if you look at the Comms Hub, there's five LEDs labelled SW, WAN, MESH, HAN and GAS. Please could you tell me which of those LEDs pulse green, and how often each one does so. This definitely helps to identify if there's a problem elsewhere.

Thanks!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    @Spookyville I am so sorry to hear that your experience with E.ON hasn't been the best. I would like the opportunity to look into this now you account is on supply with us. If it's any consolation, my gas meter is 'smart' and is not connected to the DCC and it never sends readings. 🙄

I have just had a look at your account and your gas meter didn't have a reading schedule or calendar set up so I have done this. Your meter is set to send meter readings half hourly and your billing is set to the 10th of every month so I am hoping that this will work come the 10th January. I have set a reminder on your account to check both of these on the 11th January. Both your meters are classed as 'uSmart' now which means that they have been enrolled to the DCC.

In the meantime, is it your IHD that is not showing you information? It can take up to 42 days for it to sync, a lot of people have found it syncs very last minute. It is worth checking that it is on and in range of your meters.
    Last edited by Beki; 13-12-21 at 14:23. Reason: More information
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to expand on what @theunknowntech has said.

The first generation meters, also known as SMETS1 devices, were found to have a fault where many stopped working after customers switched suppliers. This is not just a problem for EON Next - it is an industry wide issue and your meter will not become 'smart' again until they have fixed the fault. Like the rest of the industry, we are trying to enrol SMETS1 meters into the Data Communications Company to enable customers to switch between suppliers and maintain smart functionality without customers needing a meter exchange, the timescale for which is out of our control and unknown at present.

So your immediate options are to hold out for this fix of your SMETS1, or I can register you for an upgrade to a SMETS2 in the near future. In the meantime, we will need monthly meter readings to keep your bills accurate.

Hope this helps!

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki
    @pewe Hey there, Beki here 👋 Just wanted to reach out to you personally and see if I can request some account details from you so i can have a look into your account. Before I do though, I would like to understand if it is your actual gas meter or if it is the in home display screen? If it is the actual gas meter itself that is blank and not giving any data, then I will need to get your information to book a faulty meter appointment. A photo of the meter itself will help a lot.

I would also like to begin by taking the opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused, as well as the length of time this has been ongoing without a full explanation. This is by no means indicative of the standard of customer care that we endeavour to demonstrate, and I am sorry that this has been the case in this in this instance.

Sending positive energy to you,
    Beki
    @Daljit Heya, Beki here 👋 When you switch suppliers, there is around 42 days where your IHD may not connect and 9 times out of 10, they usually do connect, especially if you have had your SMETS1 connected to the DCC in the past (uSmart) and we are receiving meter readings from your smart meters. If you are outside of that window then please pop me a message and I can reach out to the smart team for you.

Sometimes, the first generation meters, also known as SMETS1 devices, were found to have a fault where many stopped working after customers switched suppliers. This is not just a problem for EON Next - it is an industry wide issue and your meter will not become 'smart' again until they have fixed the fault. Like the rest of the industry, we are trying to enroll SMETS1 meters into the Data Communications Company to enable customers to switch between suppliers and maintain smart functionality without customers needing a meter exchange, the timescale for which is out of our control and unknown at present.
    Last edited by Beki; 13-12-21 at 14:49.