IHD's

Level 1
    It definitely IS the case that IHDs are losing signal as soon EONnext take over a smart meter previously working fine. On the Eonnext Help on IHD section they clearly state it is a known issue and they are working with DCC to try and resolve the issue. You may not have access to the Eonnext help section as this is on their customer web site not the community. It doesn't matter if the problem exists elsewhere - my supplier is EONnext and I have reported it to customer service with no progress. There is nothing wrong with my IHD itself.
    Level 1
    I’m in the same boat as you, made loads of calls to customer services, full of promises tried loads of things I was told to do, still no difference. The last person I finally spoke to told me they don’t replace faulty items (i was well pissed off to hear this). Why all the fuss to get us to have smart meters if we can’t use them. Must be so they can tinker without us knowing ( food for thought)
    Level 1
    Thank you very much for that information. I'm sure it will help others with similar problems.

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but my IHD has now started working.

Whilst Googling info on it I noticed there was an an app available ('Bright') which would connect to the meter and allow display of usage on a phone. I installed this and it seems to work fine but I'm not sure it was that which made the IHD work. It may have been the extended time the IHD was off while I checked the model number, etc.

Anyway, it's ok now so I am happy. Thanks again for your help.
    Level 6
    Update: This is getting stranger every minute. Now nobody recognizes the type of smart meter. There's no mention of which LEDs are the HAN, WAN, LAN and nobody seems to know anything. I've now been asked to send a photo :-/
    Level 6
    There seems to be a common theme. I started a similar thread a few weeks ago now "IHD Not syncing".
    Level 78
    It's actually pretty common for that to happen when you switch to any supplier, with no supplier being more or less likely to be affected than anyone else. I also do have access to that help section as it's public, and the current information suggests that the issue you mentioned is resolved. As far as I'm aware, there probably isn't an issue with your IHD - it might just be that your site hasn't received all the firmware updates yet. If you make sure to connect your IHD to Wi-Fi if you're able to, that might help speed things up.

I generally go off my own knowledge and experience as well as calling on my friend Blastoise186 anytime I get stumped. He knows even more than I do and often helps me out with researching things that I can't figure out myself. Even so, we're not always perfect and do try to learn as we go. I'm sorry if you don't feel I got it right, but attacking a forum volunteer is a sure fire way to find yourself on their ignore list in the future.

As you have shown an unwillingness to accept my advice, I'm afraid I will be taking my leave at this time and I will not respond to you again in your currently active threads.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 78
    We have this problem - but it turns out that the smart meter itself is faulty as it does not show any readings on it.
    This apparently started in June and the previous owners of the house reported it and were told Eon would sort it - but didn't. No gas readings have been recorded by Eon 's smart meter system or the meter itself since June.
    We moved in in August and have reported the problem 4 times on the phone - to be told it has been reported to the smart meter team and we are now in their hands (since August).
    So currently neither we, nor Eon, have any records of what if any gas we should be charged for, and as a result have not been charged for any gas since they credited back the amount they estimated 2 months ago because it could not be verified.

Sorry I missed this! Did you try making a formal complaint yet? If you have and it's still not resolved, the Energy Ombudsman might be able to help. If the gas meter itself is completely dead, then yeah... That's really not a good thing! If you haven't yet lodged a complaint, it would probably be a good idea, as it will start the eight week timer before you automatically reach deadlock and can escalate to the Ombudsman.
    Level 1
    It stupid though because I’ve not moved supplier. I’m just being moved from EON to EONNEXT for whatever reason they’ve deemed