IHD's

@Spookyville Hey there, Beki here 👋

I think I have located your account and I can see you are not on supply with E.ON Next just yet - in fact your supply is due to start on my birthday! Once we get your meters on board, you can pop us a message over on Facebook/Twitter (@eonnext) with all your account details and we can check everything over for you and see what is going on. We are an awesome team and I'm sure one way or another we can work towards a resolution for you.

Please let me know how you get on or if you need any support from myself. 😊
    Level 6
    I don't work for E.On myself, nor does my friend Blastoise. Neither of us works for any energy supplier, we just happen to know a lot about the way smart meters work. As a forum volunteer, I don't have access to accounts so I can't see what's been going on behind the scenes.

But yes... That definitely seems a lot longer to reach deadlock than it should have done. There's usually an eight week timeout before the option to engage the Ombudsman automatically becomes available. I have a policy that I won't interfere or intervene in cases where the Ombudsman has been called in, as I'd rather not make things more complicated. So I'll have to step back at this point so as not to trample on their toes. I hope you understand my reasons.

FWIW I understand where you are coming from.
    Level 6
    With all the bickering that has gone on I'm wondering whether my 'steam powered' SMETS1 would have to be replaced anyway because it was installed before gas was installed in smart meters. One question that they asked on a recent email was "where is the flue?" My current SMETS1 wasn't connected to the flue anyway and it came as a surprise question.
    Level 1
    I have been transferred to eon Next from Igloo Energy and it looks like my smart meter has been moved across to the new supplier but the in-home display is unable to connect to the meter now. Is this something I can sort myself if you explain how to do it or does an engineer need to come out to fix it?

Many thanks.
    Level 78
    Hi,

Could you post some photos of your IHD and your meters please? I can try to help you out with some quick diagnostics, which may help to figure out what's happening. If you could tell me if you're seeing any particular error codes or messages as well, that'd be great. With that being said, if you've only recently switched over it can take up to six weeks for everything to get reconnected properly.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    The IHD basically just says 'connecting to your smart meter'. Under the Metering settings it says 'not connected'. It was working ok before, even after it was switched from Igloo to eon but then it just froze up and repowering it brings up the 'Connecting..' message. I think when it froze it briefly showed eon as the provider, up till then it showed Igloo.
    Looks to me like it is not paired correctly with the meter.
    Couple of pics attached if it helps.
    Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Level 78
    Hmm... I'm afraid I don't recognise that particular IHD. Do you know any more details about it that could help me to look it up? It definitely doesn't look like any Geo or Chameleon IHD I've heard of.

I see you've also got SMETS2 there with a WNC SKU1 Cellular Comms Hub. You should see five green lights on it and they should pulse every so often. Please could you tell me which lights pulse and how often they do so? This helps me with diagnostics.
    Level 1
    Hi

I moved into my new home on 1st July and my IHD (Chameleon SMETS2) has been working fine for the past 5 months. But two weeks ago I came downstairs and saw on the screen the message saying "Gas supply disconnected". Electricity is totally fine.

I have tried switching it on and off which hasn't solved the problem and I have tried calling customer service without any luck at all. Just been told I'm part of a global outage and they are trying to resolve it, 2 weeks later and nothing. Really not sure if customer service actually no what they are talking about and I want to keep track of my gas usage daily.

Anyone else suddenly having the same issue and have worked out what to do?
    Level 1
    I have a similar problem. I was with Npower over a year ago just before I changed supplier had a smart meter fitted. It’s not worked properly since day one. I would like to know what I’m using especially now as tariffs are rocketing. I have spent ages and numerous phone calls to eon regarding this matter. My last conversation with someone from eon was we don’t replace faulty IHDs and seems I am stuck with it not working properly. Display says gas disconnected and has done since install don’t know if rates are correct either
    Level 1
    Hi all
    The dreaded "waiting for current data" is happening. This smart meter hasn't worked since October 7th when we moved in??

Any chance of a new one?

Thanks