Igloo credit balance

View Tag Cloud
    Head of Community
    I was transferred from Igloo. the credit was applied today on my EON account. However it is less than the amount of credit i had with Igloo.

Igloo continued to take my direct debit until october (a summer month) so i was expecting the credit to actually be higher not lower.

To add to this the bill from EON seems very high for November. Double my usual bill for electricity.

It is not clear how any of these figures were arrived at.

Can you please help here?

A

Hiya

Sounds like you might also be one of the accounts where we're waiting on the rest of your credit to be sent over, especially if they continued to take payment in October - this should be updated this week.

Also sounds like it's worth us taking a look at your bill since joining us if it seems high, it's tricky to say what might have happened without getting into the details of your account. The quickest and easiest way is to send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter where the whole digi team are on hand to help or you can pop me a DM with your account details and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Hannah - Head of community & here to spread positive energy
    I am one of the igloo accounts that has been transferred to eon. I’ve just checked the igloo app 8/12/21 and my credit balance (nearly £373) still has not been transferred and applied to my eon acc. Starting to get a little bit worried now. We were initially advised by eon not to cancel the D/D to igloo as it would be moved over to eon but later told to set up a new D/D with eon. Consequently I have been paying igloo for energy supplied by eon and now my eon acc is in arrears.
    Level 1
    I've just seen a credit of £100 applied to my Eon Next account labelled 'balance transfer' but my balance with Igloo was more than double this. Are they just pulling numbers out of a hat?
    Thanks for your replies. I’m just going to keep an eye on it for the moment as suggested and see what happens in the new year. Good point about the 2 million odd people also being transferred to new suppliers which will take time sort out all the credit or debit balances. 👍🏻
    Level 78
    I've just seen a credit of £100 applied to my Eon Next account labelled 'balance transfer' but my balance with Igloo was more than double this. Are they just pulling numbers out of a hat?

Howdy! I think the two most likely reasons are either:
    • Some of your credit was used to pay a bill to Igloo before SoLR transferred the rest over - most likely to wipe out the Final Bill from them so that you don't need to do so manually
    • Only one of your accounts has transferred so far. Some suppliers have separate gas and electric accounts and others have combined accounts. If it's the former, the rest should transfer over with the other account

You might want to see if you can access your old account with Igloo, as this should explain what's happened - you should also receive a Final Bill from them eventually as well. If you still can't find the missing credit, contact customer service and ask for this to be traced. If it has gone missing, they'll reinstate it
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Hiya,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject. I've been in touch with Eon customer service and it sounds like it's an initial credit transfer while they try to sort out the data transfer from Igloo.
    Thank you to everyone to supplied answers and advice to my post, they were greatly appreciated.
    I am happy to say that my igloo credit has now been transferred over to eon. Good luck to anyone else who is in the position I was. I hope you have your credit balances brought over to your eon accounts swiftly. 👍🏻
    Level 1
    Hi there

I still have an outstanding balance left on my igloo account. More then double what I pay per month via direct debit. Naturally I am quite concerned! I have emailed the generic Eon inbox several times but I am getting nothing back.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Level 1
    I originally posted this question in the Igloo/Symbio Sticky thread but have received no response so thought I might try my luck with a separate post. This is what I wrote earlier:

"I am one of the many thousands of Igloo customers moved over to Eon Next as of 3rd October 2021. At the time I brought with me a substantial credit. Ever since I have been able to see my account on the web site (from 24th November to be precise) the "home page" has said "We're still working with Igloo to arrange the transfer of any credit balance you may have held with them. Once we've got this we'll apply it to your account and release your bill." This remains the case as of now. However, in a general post on the Eon Next web site aimed at former Igloo customers and dated 1st February 2022 it says, "Your first E.ON Next bill: We've now produced your first bill and let you know it's ready. It includes any credits due from Igloo Energy. Clearly this is not correct. Am I the only one?
    I have also been regularly submitting meter readings (since my SMETS 1 Smart meter went dumb and there is no sign of the over-the-air update to make it Smart again) and my Dashboard is showing three debit payments, two for gas, one for electricity. These are for quite precise amounts. the problem I have is that without a bill I have no idea how accurate or otherwise these amount are.
    Can anyone on here help please to get the billing system up and working (as it apparently should have been by 1st February).
    I have tried phoning but have never been able to get through. Oh and please don't ask me to use social media: I do not nor will ever partake.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bryan"
    Level 91
    The absence of a bill might also mean you are missing out on opportunities to opt for a fixed rather than variable tariff. Clearly your supplier is failing in relation to acceptable customer service standards, and yes its been a nightmare operation for them but5 months have elapsed and this should have been sorted.