Gas meter is useless

Level 1
    Good morning,
    I have smart pay as you go meters for both gas/electric, no issues with the electric but the gas will not top via the app, i have to manually enter the UTRN numbers on the meter which is a nightmare as it could not be in a more awkward place.
    I've had the engineer up here and said there was an issue, he sorted it out and guess what...not working again.
    The app is working fine which is more than i can say for the web site..unable to log on even though my log in details are the same,won't even let me change my password, keeps saying there is an error. Seems e.o.n wants you to use the app instead of the web site.
    Since they updated their system last year the credit on the meters are now updated at midnight instead of live as it used to be,i now have to rely on my smart home display to see my balance...except for the gas which has not updated for over a month and is stuck as showing £5.65.
    I spoke to eon customer services regarding my home display and they told me it was an issue their end and that it would be resolved within 24hrs, a month later still not working....must be one hell of an issue.
  • 1 Reply

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @taffy51

I can log in to my on-line account ok so I don't think your issue with that is anything deliberate on Eon Next's side. If customer service haven't done as they said they would do then it may be time to raise a customer complaint by emailing unhappy@eonnext.com telling them the story so far. Hopefully it will speed things up towards getting the issue fixed and it gives them eight weeks to come up with something to your satisfaction before you can escalate to the ombudsman.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.