Online account creation

View Tag Cloud
    I'm an ex NPower customer, forced to move to EON Next and now unable to simply create an online account. Why is that in this day and age I need to email EON Next for them to create an online account for me? It's just crazy!! To make matters worse, I sent the email more some two weeks ago and have heard nothing back from EON Next except an arrears letter!

What's going on with this acquisition? Except I've been informed by someone at EON Next that it was not an acquisition of NPower by EON Next, just EON Next buying NPower customer accounts.
    Last edited by Vicrit36; 08-05-21 at 11:10.
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Staff
    Best Answer
    I'm an ex NPower customer, forced to move to EON Next and now unable to simply create an online account. Why is that in this day and age I need to email EON Next for them to create an online account for me? It's just crazy!! To make matters worse, I sent the email more some two weeks ago and have heard nothing back from EON Next except an arrears letter!

What's going on with this acquisition? Except I've been informed by someone at EON Next that it was not an acquisition of NPower by EON Next, just EON Next buying NPower customer accounts.

Morning Vicrit36! Hope you're okay :)

It sounds like the email address you're trying to register with isn't registered against your E.ON Next account - if you could send me a DM with your account number, address & the email address you're trying to log in with, I'd be happy to make sure you get online okay!

Thanks

Beth :)
    Team Leader
    E.ON Next
    Staff
    I really think EON Next should be a bit more active also on this forum. At least 1 staff member everyday would be nice to see around.

Thanks so much for the feedback LaKo! We do try to be as active on here as we can, but more from a moderator perspective. The idea behind the forum is to give our customers the chance to get together and help each other, so we try to take more of a back seat role unless someone needs specific help :)

Thanks!

Beth :)
    @LaKo. Thank you for response. I would argue that you are presupposing that a scammer would have easy access to my customer number, in which case it would most likely have to be obtained by an internal, EON Next employee, as I wouldn't provide the number to anyone. Furthermore, when I joined NPower from British Gas, over 8 years ago I was able to create an online account without this kind of fuss and bother. My account was secure at inception and remained secure throughout, so, am I to be concerned at the possible ability or lack thereof of EON Next to keep my new account secure... once it's been created via email?!
    @BethS, I'm not sure how my email address can be registered against my E.ON Next account when I've only recently been moved to EON Next by NPower and apparently not very much of the NPower customer account information has transferred to EON Next
    Staff
    @Vicrit36 Afternoon!

Npower should have transferred it to us - or transferred whichever they had on record at least. I've got your private message now and I'll take a look and let you know! :)

Beth