IHD Problem

View Tag Cloud
    Level 56
    @Ancien
    As someone who records daily usage numbers from the IHD onto a spreadsheet the issue you raise has never crossed my radar. I'll check my numbers in the morning 're what the weekly total is actually trying to show. Possibly the totals for week resets at the start of each week so that the only time the weekly will match the sum of the individual daily totals will be once a week. Will confirm with my IHD numbers on Friday at some point.

My 'so far this week' total that I see on my IHD is the sum of my daily kWh usage since the start of this week - i.e Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday + what I have used so far today (Friday).

Even the tariff information has been uploaded correctly to my meters (without any input on my part) after my recent tariff change on 1st April so the £ figure is correct for both electricity and gas (assuming a CV value of maybe 40) 👍
    Level 91
    The IHD is only for guidance, it has no relevance to the billing in your account, which is computed from your readings and tariff. Daily weekly or monthly information on the IHD is of zero importance.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    The IHD is only for guidance, it has no relevance to the billing in your account, which is computed from your readings and tariff. Daily weekly or monthly information on the IHD is of zero importance.

Agreed although I use the daily usage readings (kWh) from the IHD in my spreadsheet as well as the monthly (kWh) ones as my billing cycle starts on the 1st of each calendar month. Once I've lifted my monthly meter reads, as another sanity check, the spreadsheet works out the kWh (based on the readings difference) and lo and behold the kWh (so far this month) always tallies exactly with the electricity kWh billed and near enough to the gas kWh billed.

I have always found that the daily IHD kWh figures tally with any of the other smart energy apps out there (bright, ivie etc) and these numbers give me (again via the spreadsheet with accurate tariff info) an indication of likely bills generated each month. 👍