Merging single fuel accounts to duel fuel

Level 1
    My mum currently has two separate accounts with Eon Next - one for gas, one for electric. This occurred because her electricity was transferred from npower and her gas was transferred from Eon (not by choice I should add). This means she has two separate bills, direct debits and a large credit in each. As my mum is now getting older, I wish to simplify things by merging them to a duel fuel account so she has a single bill and direct debit. I was previously told this isn't possible due to the transfers but I'm hoping that this is resolved and now possible? Can anyone clarify this? If its not possible, can it not be done by "changing providers" and going from eon next single fuel to eon next duel fuel? That should basically move her from the npower and eon systems to eon next systems. Maybe I've oversimplified it but given my IT background, I know its technically possible but not sure if there's legal issues with such a process. If anyone can help resolve this it would be much appreciated.
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @RichHaynes

Probably best to contact customer service on this one. See my answer to your other question on the subject…

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post39208
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 56
    I was previously told this isn't possible due to the transfers but I'm hoping that this is resolved and now possible? Can anyone clarify this?

As per my post in the other thread I'd also be inclined to give Eon Next a chance to address the two account situation to 'merge' them onto a single dual fuel account by contacting Customer Services (phone and email would be my advice). If they cannot do this or drag their feet then my advice in the other thread still stands re switching both utilities to another supplier. 👍