Warm Home Discount Update

Level 92
    @Jools70

Hi there. From what I understand, the assistance is discounted off your 'energy bill' by the suppliers. Everyone has electricity but not everyone has gas, so it makes sense to say 'electricity'. If you are a dual-fuel customer, then the discount applies to your whole bill. If you have prepay meters, then I assume there will be a voucher system. For vouchers, I'm sure you can split between electricity and gas.

For other scenarios, it is supposed that if you get £150 towards your electricity bill, which means you have the spare cash available you aren't spending on electricity to put towards your gas. If you have smart prepay meters, the meters will be topped up automatically. If you end up with a fully loaded meter with a massive credit balance, and your gas is a bit low, It should be possible to have a credit moved from one meter to another.

Personally, my electricity bill works out at about £70 a month which, right now is mostly covered by the government. I'd like the money in cash so I can feed my dragons to keep the house warm as we don't have gas in my neck of the woods. After all it is for warming my home, not lighting it!

I'll just have to accept that I won't be paying any electricity bills for a fair while, and what I'm not spending can easily go into my piggy bank for oil.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @retrotecchie thanks so much for your reply. I have gas and if they can split would help but if not as you say wont have electric to pay so will go on gas.

Love the baby dragons reference lol
    Level 92
    @Jools70

Off the gas grid in Wales, see? The outdoor heating oil boiler firing up sounds like a herd of dragons!😁
    Level 5
    Hello, I normally have to apply, it’s just myself and Daugther and normally I get the warm home discount as my Daugther is on income related ESA. will we still be able to get this as it is only myself named in the account
    thank you in advance
    Level 92
    @puppy

You should be OK. Automated this year so no need to apply if you are in England. My partner qualifies but the account is in my name. Just in case I emailed hi@eonnext.com with my account details and added her name as a named user on my account.
    Level 12
    Any updates as to when it will be paid?

I know the following companies have paid out to those people that have a letter type WHDS3 letter

Octopus
    Utility Warehouse
    OVO

I know of customers of OVO and Utility Warehouse got their WHD before they received their WHD letter

Other companies such as British Gas, Shell, EDF, and Scottish Power have started to give those eligible for WHD their payments. Some of the companies started doing this in November.

I wouldn't think that Eon Next would allow anyone to wait until March to pay a bill that they received in November, so why should customers wait so long for the payment that they are entitled to!?

Luckily I'm in a position that I'm able to pay my bills on time. However, there are vulnerable Eon Next customers around the country that are relying on getting their WHD payment.
    Level 4
    @gbhxu Not every will get it.

I'm disabled and previously qualified. But since it's changed.

I no longer qualify, due to FLOOR SIZE of bungalow I live in.

To be blunt, people who live in small properties such as bungalows NO longer qualify for WHD. BUT those who live in houses DO qualify.

There has been a backlash over it, and reported in the media.
    Level 12
    I know. I've read it on various forums.

It's a disgrace the way they are doing it.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie That's what I read but not what I was told when I rang the WHD helpline because I did not receive an automatic letter telling me I am once again eligible for the rebate. I was told that my property has not got an Energy Performance Certificate so I am no longer eligible for the rebate. They made no mention of the Valuation Office side to it.
    This new eligibility added to the benefits needed makes an ass of the system as thousands of vulnerable disabled who need to keep warm in their homes will no longer receive the rebate. We are all going to either not put the heating on or will be using a lot less. I live in an end terrace pre-1900 home, have diabetes and other disabilities and am supposed to stay warm through the Winter but with the huge increases in the price we have to pay for our energy used I am having to turn it off. This is bad for my health like thousands of others but with the government removing the discount because of EPC's I have no choice.
    EonNext tell me they cannot help as the government have taken the decision making out of their hands.