Missing December Voucher

View Tag Cloud
    Level 7
    Can someone from Eon please respond, or is there a contact for the team that actually deal with the voucher issues.

Got told my missing December voucher should have been with me by now, but to wait another few days.

I emailed to say that I had still not got it, today they told me they have re-issued the voucher, but it will take 4 weeks for me to get it!! How on earth will a re-issued voucher take 4 weeks to get to me!? That would mean I will get it around the same time as the January voucher. I need the voucher now, for my Gas, I only work Part-time, and I will have to borrow money to put on my Gas, due to the cold snap, I had to put my heating on more and I also have to be able to cook, as my cooker is gas.

It seems to be a situation where some people have received their vouchers for this month and others have not and they gone astray.

The October and November ones, I received without any problem, even with the mail strikes. The website even states it should be with you by the middle of the month.
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @Moomin17

while there will be some cases where E.On Next is at fault, at present the vast majority of missing vouchers will be stuck in the Royal Mail somewhere. It’s impossible to resolve as nobody can tell what’s where, and no resources to sort it out
    So sending out again is currently the only option, although they are hopefully getting close to sending vouchers via email, which many would say should have been the chosen method from the start.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @Moomin17

'Should', not 'will'. I had a bank statement through the post yesterday which was posted mid-November. I ordered two tickets for a show. They arrived the week after the show had been and gone. The post is what it is. Nothing anyone can do about it.

The sooner they figure out an alternative system, the better...
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 22-12-22 at 22:46.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 7
    @Moomin17

'Should', not 'will'. I had a bank statement through the post yesterday which was posted mid-November. I ordered two tickets for a show. They arrived the week after the show had been and gone. The post is what it is. Nothing anyone can do about it.

The sooner they figure out an alternative system, the better...
    All very well saying the Post is what it is. But when you get the previous two vouchers before the middle of the month, even with mail strikes going on, it does make you wonder. And there are plenty of people who are commenting to news articles over the last couple of days about vouchers having not been redeemed this month, is a mixture of people having got their vouchers and other people who are still awaiting their vouchers. I have had no other issues with my mail, and not had any late items.
    Last edited by Moomin17; 22-12-22 at 22:58.
    Level 7
    @meldrewreborn I have no issue with it being re-sent, it did perplex me that it would take 4 weeks for the re-issued voucher to get to me though. Even with the mail strikes in October and November I still got my voucher no problem. I have had no issues with any of my other mail being late, despite strikes.
    Community Team
    Hey @Moomin17 👋

I can see this was posted a while ago but would like to hear your feedback and if it had been resolved. Let us know! 😊
    Knowledge is power, community is strength, and positive attitude is everything 💜