Assumed Annual Usage

Level 5
    Hello,

I have been very lucky to have had my fix 18 month exclusive v6, and still until February. Currently I pay £35 per month. My last meter reading was for 2 months (17th October to 20th December) and went from 8566 to 8893.

So based on that I use roughly 163 per month, so just under 2000kwh per year.

Eon have just offered me a renewal to Next Flex, at £191 per month. They have based this on an annual presumes consumption of 6247kwh, over 3 times what I currently use. If I contact Eon will then reduce this estimate, or will they charge me and refund me eventually?
    My last full year usage in my previous flat was 1800kwh
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @RLea

If you can 'show your workings' then you should be able to figure out a monthly amount which is a more realistic number. Bear in mind prices will be going up another 20% in April and possibly a similar hike in July, so the £191 a month is not such a wild figure, all things considered. You had a good fix which has insulated you from the last few price rises, but now unfortunately you are now in the same boat as the rest of us.

As a comparison, my energy usage between 20 Dec last year and 20 Dec this year was about £140 a month and likely to average about £175 a month this year.

You could also change from fixed monthly Direct Debit to bill in full every month, but I'd be inclined to stay as you are and just build up some credit on your account as a buffer against future price hikes.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 27-12-22 at 12:10.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    Hi,
    Based on the roughly 163 kWh per month, my bill should be between £70-80 per month.
    I don’t mind having some credit, but £193 is hugely over what I’ll actually be using.
    is it possible to contact Eon and have them revise the assumed annual usage? They certainly did not get the 6247kwh per year from my records, as I said I only use roughly 1800-2000kwh per year.
    So this estimate is widely over what it should be, the assumed annual usage looks more like something a house would use, but my account has 1 bed flat on the records. All of my heating also comes from a separate supplier as I am in a block of flats.
    Level 92
    @RLea

I would suggest an email to hi@eonnext.com with all your account details and usage information in the body and 'Adjust Direct Debit' in the subject line. You can adjust your payment in the app but that only allows a ten percent adjustment. Provide your usage and what you think your DD should be, allowing for increases in prices in April and July and you should be able to arrive at something more sensible.