IHD showing high readings over night over and above daily charges

Level 92
    @berylmary

You aren't billed for those amounts, per se. I suspect the standing charges are being added on just after midnight. The IHD's sometimes have funny ways of calculating your usage in £ and p. But the IHD is just a guide. Your actual kWh usage and your actual tariff is what you are being billed on - nothing to do with what the IHD says. 86p sounds about right for the daily standing charges if you have dual fuel.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @berylmary

In addition to the suggestions I gave in my original answer to your first post you should be able to check back on your IHD to see what was consumed (and the cost) of previous days, weeks and months (I can, at least). I did suggest the Bright app which will show your historic consumption.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.