Why do E.ON Next keep randomly pulling readings from my smart meter?

Level 92
    @Karln

I suspect it has something to do with a DCC issue that happened industry wide around 16 January for a week or two. Suppliers were given 'blank data' from gas meter reads by DCC because of a software issue at their end. Suppliers had to pull gas reads as and when they could to 'fill in the blanks'. I suspect that is why your meter was read again then. The scheduled read had missing info.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @Karln I totally understand that it can be very challenging at times when things don't go as simple and smooth as they are supposed to be.

Customer service should check after 72hrs of changing the schedule that the schedule actually has changed as sometimes the system can have some glitches.

Also the reading schedule and the billing schedules need to be updated together in order to have the right functionality. Do you know which days you prefer? If so I would send them an email where you explicitly say 'update reading and billing schedule'.

Let us know how you get along with it.
    Level 1
    @Karln I totally understand that it can be very challenging at times when things don't go as simple and smooth as they are supposed to be.

Customer service should check after 72hrs of changing the schedule that the schedule actually has changed as sometimes the system can have some glitches.

Also the reading schedule and the billing schedules need to be updated together in order to have the right functionality. Do you know which days you prefer? If so I would send them an email where you explicitly say 'update reading and billing schedule'.

Let us know how you get along with it.

this has been going on now of almost 12 months. I am sick to death of hearing every exuse in the book.
    I have been told time and time again that my monthly reading pull date has been set to 22nd each month.

But still get the same thing readings pulled when ever.

I dont care any more what eon next tells me or does i have had enough.

Once my tariff has ended and after many years with Eon (now eon next ) i will be kicking them into the long grass.
    @Karln I totally understand your feelings and they are totally understandable. I would probably feel the same way if I had the same issues.

I am not trying to find excuses, perhaps trying to offer you some help here and hopefully get this sorted for you.

Feel free to send me a DM and we can see together how I can support you.

I hope you have a lovely evening.