No result

View Tag Cloud
    Level 56
    @Mailman

In the interest of transparency given the £4.37 payout per kWh saved on yesterday's event.

So it will be interesting to see what the payout is considering the up lift in payback per kWh from £2.50 and the fact it was 90 mins long compared to 60mins.

Are these figures in the public domain (not just the media)? And if so can you provide a link? Am I right to assume that all the suppliers will be providing different payouts/kWh saved and specfically, is it known what Eon Next are paying out /kWh saved or is this figure shrouded in fog?

Now awaiting these results to see how accurate my initial spreadsheet calcs are based on the DFS doc and an assumption of £2.50/kWh saved on Monday's event.
    Last edited by Mailman; 25-01-23 at 17:35.
    Level 1
    @Actual I entered the Thursday 19th just to see how it works for me , well I didnt hit the target even though the house was empty with only fridge freezer . broadband ,security camera running and I still didnt hit the target , not a sceptic but like to know how they worked that out . well guess I will take the 3p hit Not be doing no more as I dont trust the results
    Level 1
    Well the second emergency event lasting 1.5hours was definitely worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 1
    To put it another way with Loop (because Eon Next have not chosen me as a "special customer")

So far in January we will have earned £83.85 or 287kwh of energy at our fix rate of 24.239p kwh. For shifting approx 60kwh of usage we would have used anyway to the in day adjustment period.

Looking at it another way if you add in the £67 government payment and the shifting events so far for Jan that will be over half our bill.paid for Jan or 515kwh free.

No complaints with the government or this scheme here. It just took some time to get my head around it all.
    Last edited by Mstty; 26-01-23 at 07:02. Reason: Typos
    Level 16
    As expected I failed again.

Tuesday 24/01/2023 from 4:30PM to 6:00PM.
    You could earn around £2.26 by participating
    Reduce your electricity usage
    20% reduction
    Your typical use
    3.04kwh
    Reduce by
    0.61kwh
    Target usage 2.43 kWh
    Actual usage 0.54 kWh
    "you didn’t meet your energy reduction target this time"
    Failed

I know I didn't use "extra" energy before the event as perhaps the EV's didn't need any top up on this occasion and in any case a more considerate and environmentally agreeable shift would be to use these heavy loads well out of peak time such as overnight as is being constantly recommended in the press so that advice is not compatible with maxing out 3 hours before.

There is no mention in the Eon Next communications about maxing energy usage before the event and by the letter of what they wrote to me I have passed and I am due a credit on my bill.

Cheaters

CON
    Level 56
    I hear your pain loud and clear and not a lot I can say unfortunately.

The calculations I did on my results for 24th January were £3.63 whereas I got £3.53, so pretty close to that anticipated by the formula given on p28 of the National Grid ESO document linked before in another thread. Collating that information and calculating it via a spreadsheet was really not that easy but I'll try to re-check everything at some point this weekend with results from other sessions I participated in (and for which I was rewarded) to make sure that I have the correct assumptions and the correct data.
    Level 7
    Same for me on the Monday and Tuesday event. I definitely reduced my usage to below their target and still was told that I didn't meet it. Not sure how they're allowed to do it if they're calculating it a different way to what they say in the emails (i.e. emails say reduce by x then you'll get £y. It doesn't say anything about shift your x usage to earlier in the day otherwise you won't get any money). So annoying :(
    Level 91
    I can understand people's frustrations here. I've taken part in three events so far and have exceeded the target each time.

I start from a fairly low typical use of around 0.9kWh and am asked to reduce by 20%. I have done very little to no shifting other than to boil the kettle for some tea 5mins before the start time instead of during the period as we would normally do. The oven sometimes gets used around 6pm so we just made sure it went on after six. I refrain from using any high consumption stuff during the period and I leave the gas CH and fridges ON. I just switch off a few LED lights that would normally be on.

I have passed every event and earned £2.15, £1.71 and £2.11 by reducing by around 60% each time.

The emails mention 'energy reduction' much more than 'energy shifting' and and if you hit the target then you should be rewarded. The whole thing seems cloaked in mystery to me.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    @Mstty,

Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic example of how the demand flexibility service works. I am glad to see that it has been beneficial for you 😊
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 30-01-23 at 14:14. Reason: changed name from energy shift to dfs
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖