Customer Agent help please?

Community Team
    @Boncobill
    I would also like to reiterate that if you do get the discount, it is really only worth £130. You have already had your bill increased by £20 by the increase in standing charges, so once the discount is applied, the net result is only the £130. Most of the customers who won't get the discount still have to pay that extra £20 on their bills too, so for everyone who gets the 'discount', six and a half other people have had to pay for it out of their own pockets.

Just to point out that the award is £150 this year. I completely understand where you are coming from @retrotecchie I just wanted to share for the purpose of clarification that the Warm Home Discount is £150 so we don't cause any confusion 😊.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖

Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

The DISCOUNT is indeed £150.

Every customer pays £20 a year from their standing charges to finance the scheme INCLUDING those who get the discount.

Thus, the NET benefit is £130. And for those who do not get the discount, our net benefit from the scheme is not £0 but -£20.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 8
    @retrotecchie

I think that the old scheme was also paid for by other customers but it was much smaller and less expensive. Some smaller companies didn’t pay it all and whether there was entitlement to WHD was a factor in switching because those eligible would not want to go to a company not running the scheme.
    I think the criteria have been tightened this time but some very small suppliers may still not pay up

I looked into this and I wasn't eligible this year as the criteria was tightened to a D rating or lower for insulation efficiency.

There's a quango list of housing efficiency ratings somewhere, mine was a C!
    Level 91
    @Boncobill

some of the ratings are invented - my home doesn’t have an EPC as it’s not been sold or rented since the regime came in. The WHD was more focussed on the less well off this time but reached more families overall. The system is set to remain in its current form for 4+ years, so you’ll probably miss out again in the future.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 8
    @Boncobill

some of the ratings are invented - my home doesn’t have an EPC as it’s not been sold or rented since the regime came in. The WHD was more focussed on the less well off this time but reached more families overall. The system is set to remain in its current form for 4+ years, so you’ll probably miss out again in the future.

Yep, thats the acronym I was looking for, EPC! Yes they are pretty much putting a wet finger up to the wind unless a recent formal evaluation.

As mentioned I missed out by one rating but got it in 21/22 so I cannot moan too much in all honesty. I think my place is reasonably insulated andd it doesn’t often get cold here on the coast. Maybe mines a B, but that would be a guess!

Thanks for the chat...