The Day Rate is Off-Peak and the Night Rate is Peak

Level 6
    Does anyone else have the same problem, please? The peak and off-peak rates are swapped in the calculation area. See attached screenshot.
    I checked all my previous invoices it turned out that things were ok up until July 2022, then the problem occurred and carried on since then in every single bill.
    I am still waiting for the customer service representative to get back to me on this. Meanwhile, if you guys have two rates meter kindly check your invoice and report here if you have the same issue.

This is the second time I discovered an issue with their billing system. The first time was the difference in tariff between the invoice and the account which I explained here:
    https://community.eonnext.com/thread...eter-Confusion

And yet no following up from them and no solution.

I believe E.ON made good money from people who never check their bills, it is always easy to blame the energy prices and the war!

I am unable to upload my screenshot! it seems the Administrator has disabled this feature from my account after I posted the same thread on the Economy 7/10 section, the previous thread and the screenshot both have disappeared..
    Last edited by hesham; 12-01-23 at 01:06.
  • 17 Replies

Level 92
    @hesham

Firstly, your usage figures are truly scary. You seem to be using in a week about what I use in six weeks.

Secondly, can you correlate your day and night readings? As in, did you use 290 day and 103 night units? If so your bill is perfectly correct other than they have just transposed the words 'Peak' and 'Off Peak' in the energy used bit on the left. Wrong, an error and indeed misleading, but the bill is actually correct.

If however you used more night units than day units, then it's all very wrong. If your day and night usage is correct, then I would also very much question why you have Economy 7. On single rate, those 394 total units would have cost about £134 rather than the £160-odd you are paying.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

the earlier readings were estimated and thus not definitive. One would have thought this a comparatively simple problem to resolve, given that it’s bound to have happened lots of times.

We’ll see!

Also payment method is the most expensive option, paying after bill produced by DD would be a lot less expensive.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 12-01-23 at 11:14.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    @hesham

Firstly, your usage figures are truly scary. You seem to be using in a week about what I use in six weeks.

I agree.

Irrespective of whether or not the billing is correct, looking at the OP's link contained within (which references their 7th December statement) the peak electricity comes to 479kWh (6857-6378) and the off-peak to 1325 kWh (8275-6950) TOTAL 1804kWh for 31 days usage (using cutomer reads in the readings) or 58 kWh/day average. Even for an all-electric flat these numbers seem to be very very high indeed. Without any form of domestic HW and CH provided by electricity, my average use in December was 8kWh/day average for a bungalow.
    Last edited by Mailman; 12-01-23 at 11:28.
    Level 56
    @retrotecchie

the earlier readings were estimated and thus not definitive. One would have thought this a comparatively simple problem to resolve, given that it’s bound to have happened lots of times.

We’ll see!

Also payment method is the most expensive option, paying after bill produced by DD would be a lot less expensive.

Yes the 1st January one was but in the first post the OP has a link to their previous bill with customer reads from 8th December so I have worked out the usage over 1 month for the data provided by the OP so the reads look definitive to me.
    Last edited by Mailman; 12-01-23 at 11:33.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie

Thank you for posting this answer, in fact, the first reading was estimated by the system, I regularly send my readings around the 8th of every month, and when I recently did, they auto-generate another bill for me and now demanding another 400+ pounds above the 350 I already paid !!

The usage figures for December: R1 = 479KWhs R2 = 1325KWhs (as I have storage hearers) I know it is still quite high figures but with 3 beds and 6 people and Scotland's weather that maybe justify a bit why...! I don't know.

The current readings from the meters are R1 >> 6910 & R2 >> 8367 (so the readings are correctly placed in the invoice but the tariff is incorrectly calculated).

Why Economy 10: because I have storage heaters heating system which works on the Off-Peak cycle three times a day. So most of the consumption during the winter is caused by heating.
    Level 6
    @retrotecchie

Thank you for the reply.

How can the DD be less expensive since the tariff is fixed? I prefer to manage and budget my payments myself.
    Level 91
    @hesham there are two forms of DD. One is a fixed DD, which attempts to smooth payments through the year, and variable DD which is payment after the bill is produced automatically by DD
    payment by non DD methods is the most expensive option.

each type of supply can have the 2 DD options, payment by cash cheque bank transfer, and prepayment pricing. The average dual fuel cost is £250 more per annum paying your way Although you are not dual fuel, you are much more than an average user, so your saving would be much higher. My commission rate is zero!
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 12-01-23 at 12:06.
    Level 6
    @Mailman

Thank you for your reply. Man! you are good at math 😅 correct

Still no way to get out of this, unless I change the entire system, as my area has no Gas supply..