Still no Gas Smart Meter

Level 1
    I have just had EON abort my smart meter installation again today.

When my original smart meters were attempted installation a few years ago they couldn’t fit the Gas meter due to the poor weather. No body returned to complete the Gas, so I only have a SMETS1 Electric meter.

In October 2022 I was contacted to have a new Gas Smart Meter and my SMETS1 Electric meter upgraded to a SMETS2.

Unfortunately, when the engineer arrived in November, he couldn’t complete any work due to the weather.

EON customer services re booked it in for today the 19th December.

On arrival the engineer checked the gas meter and then the electric meter and after a few phone calls to his office advised me he couldn’t change any meters because I had a working electric SMETS1 meter.

Obviously not what I wanted to hear, another morning off work wasted and still no Gas Smart Meter.
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @TAYLOROY

I suggest you raise a complaint at unhappy@eonnext.com, reminding them of their customer service promise regarding meter engineers appointments and to claim compensation accordingly.

Guaranteed Standards of Service

E.On Next state "Guaranteed Standards of Service - Its a promise to our customer that when an appointment is booked, we will arrive as and when we say we will and complete the appointment. If we don’t then the customer may be entitled to a payment of £30.00.

If the £30.00 for an appointment failure isn't applied within 10 working days, the customer will then also be entitled to a further £30.00."

All new smart gas meters would necessarily need to be SMETS2 unless they still have stocks of SMETS1 gas meters left which is unlikely. Your electricity meter would need to be changed too as the two different generations don't play nicely together.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    @TAYLOROY

I suggest you raise a complaint at unhappy@eonnext.com, reminding them of their customer service promise regarding meter engineers appointments and to claim compensation accordingly.

Guaranteed Standards of Service

E.On Next state "Guaranteed Standards of Service - Its a promise to our customer that when an appointment is booked, we will arrive as and when we say we will and complete the appointment. If we don’t then the customer may be entitled to a payment of £30.00.

If the £30.00 for an appointment failure isn't applied within 10 working days, the customer will then also be entitled to a further £30.00."

All new smart gas meters would necessarily need to be SMETS2 unless they still have stocks of SMETS1 gas meters left which is unlikely. Your electricity meter would need to be changed too as the two different generations don't play nicely together.

Thanks just emailed them, also noticed this in your email, but am confused now.

The engineer said the opposite.
    Level 92
    @TAYLOROY

In which case, then I fail to see why the engineer couldn't do the job! You have a working 'leccy meter, his job was to fit a gas meter.