Community power.

Hello friends and welcome to the E.ON Next Community forum! This is a space for you to share your knowledge and get advice from each other; whether that's energy and energy solutions, cost saving tips or just fancy a chat. You'll find inspiration and support, you might even make a new friend or two along the way.
Register and join the forum conversation today.

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. Welcome, News & Updates

Come and meet the Community team as well as other members! Keep an eye on this board for the latest announcements on what's happening at E.ON Next!
  2. Sustainable Future

Come and share changes we can make, options we have and green solutions and together we can build a picture of what a sustainable, no carbon future looks like.
  3. Help & Support

Have a problem? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you.
  4. Get Involved

A space for you to give us your feedback, start a conversation and for Community Comrades.
  • Why hasn't my direct debt been applied to my account?
    Money was taken from my bank account on 2nd August. It is now the 6th August and the amount has not been applied to my account. This is... see more
  • Not so Smart!
    We have a smart meter. We have two electric vehicles. We moved to Eon Next Tariff and had an electric charging point installed. Eon are unable... see more
  • Account Access via VPN
    @meldrewreborn The privacy/security aspect is a minor byproduct for my usage but my primary use is to circumvent geographical restrictions on... see more
  • Drive Fixed v3 and in-home display
    Hi. I am currently on the older Next Drive Fixed tariff (v1 I presume) and it’s time to renew my tariff. When I go to sign up for Next Drive Fixed... see more
  • Taking the plunge - any installation advice?
    @meldrewreborn 🤞. Just the obvious old meter reading prior to removal and new meter reading before engineer leaves 😁. Wishing all best for the 12th... see more
  • ?faulty smart meter
    Last night we did a complete shutdown of all the circuits. We switched each one back on for 30 mins and recorded the reading. Nothing untoward,... see more
  • Account Access via VPN
    @Mailman So Nord VPN tell you you're at risk and then sell you their VPN to combat said risks? I have the use of a VPN from Norton if I want it,... see more
  • Taking the plunge - any installation advice?
    Although I really didn't want or need smart metering I've decided to take the plunge and have booked an appointment for 12th August. Partly this is... see more
  • Drive a Tesla? This post is for you
    @TAYLOROY looking at tomato lifestyle.....6hrs at 5p...will fill my 15kwh storage battery 00.00 to 6.00.........then i could top the battery... see more
  • My new smart meter
    yes your right, I don’t look at it after midnight but I was hoping I could use it to monitor you cost as I’ve just got the solar system and I’m... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Agreed 👍, though in reality it will allow you to monitor real time cost of device usage during daytime hours (most people unlikely to look at their... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Ive down loaded Bright and I’m receiving live up to date data now, Ive adjusted the tariff to add the night rate and the costing are now correct, ... see more
  • My new smart meter
    The meter was fitted 5 years ago - not exactly EOn's fault it won't accept dual rate tariff information, but no reason to change as it's functioning... see more
  • My new smart meter
    That's ridiculous @geoffers that they are allowed to not fit or update to a dual rate meter. @Oversonneil If you do use the Bright app you can... see more
  • Account Access via VPN
    I'm going to start using my VPN more regularly from now on leaving it (Surfshark) to use a VPN server within the UK just to see what issues come up... see more
  • My new smart meter
    @Andy65 I'm not saying it's acceptable, just stating that it's the fact - and not necessarily the energy suppliers fault. In my case I'm on the... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Hi yes I have logged in and does show correct. ​​​​​​​Neil see more
  • My new smart meter
    @geoffers If you are saying, which you seem to be, that it is acceptable for a customer to be on a two rate tariff but their meter only ever displays... see more
  • My new smart meter
    @Andy65 - the rate stored on the meter is only for information purposes, not actually used for billing The "smart" aspect of smart meters (as in... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Hi @Oversonneil If it were me I'd be asking Customer Services why your meter is only showing a single rate. If, and it's a big if, they do... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Thank you Ill down load iBright now and try it. ​​​​​​​Neil see more
  • My new smart meter
    @Oversonneil - just to expand on @retrotecchie 's response... I don't know how the battery/solar costing etc works, but in terms of the split... see more
  • My new smart meter
    ok thank you but will the handheld device bill price be adjusted ? The price it’s saying I owe is not correct, I’m only using power from the... see more
  • My new smart meter
    @Oversonneil The cheap rate is billed by Eon according to your half-hourly smart meter readings. The fact you have a single rate meter is... see more
  • My new smart meter
    Hi I’m new to EON and I’ve had solar panels annd battery installed by them too. Im on EON next drive tariff so should get two readings from my new... see more
  • Account Access via VPN
    In order NO they are not all equal - the best have a strictly no logging policy and have a more extensive range of servers. Some are faster than... see more
  • Smartview 3 and Ivie Bud not reading.
    Aye for sure, thanks guys - the greens flash every 5 seconds as expected however on the device below them there is a red flashing led every 4 seconds... see more
  • Account Access via VPN
    Are all VPNs created equal? Might the version of VPN make a difference? Personally I don't use a VPN in the UK and I don't really know why its... see more