Community power.

Hello friends and welcome to the E.ON Next Community forum! This is a space for you to share your knowledge and get advice from each other; whether that's energy and energy solutions, cost saving tips or just fancy a chat. You'll find inspiration and support, you might even make a new friend or two along the way.
Register and join the forum conversation today.

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. Welcome, News & Updates

Come and meet the Community team as well as other members! Keep an eye on this board for the latest announcements on what's happening at E.ON Next!
  2. Sustainable Future

Come and share changes we can make, options we have and green solutions and together we can build a picture of what a sustainable, no carbon future looks like.
  3. Help & Support

Have a problem? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you.
  4. Get Involved

A space for you to give us your feedback, start a conversation and for Community Comrades.
  • Exciting News
    @WizzyWigg Perhaps they'll reintroduce the wail of the old air raid sirens to warn populations of sky high energy prices. Or send the message to... see more
  • Exciting News
    Not me. Everyone must be taken in context. 🌞 ​​​​​​​The tracker will be the future, but. 😉 see more
  • Exciting News
    Nope. More those who expect to have all the information instantly at a push of a button. Nothing to do with age 👴 😂. Senior members of society will... see more
  • Time of Use Tariff Saves Me Money
    @wizzo227 TOU pricing can be both a carrot and a stick. You've illustrated both in a very clear manner. I'm all for the carrot approach -... see more
    Well, there is a downside to half-hour priced electricity if you are one of the many who'll just switch stuff on because its after-school time. ... see more
  • Exciting News
    Who's expecting everyone to take them up? Agreed it may not suit everyone - it's presumably the older generation, who can't even program their TV... see more
  • Exciting News
    Done some sums - 1600 kWh per annum at night rate might save me 16p per kWh = £288 per annum. - say £300 for ease . It would take me a long time... see more
  • Exciting News
    If you know a day ahead what the half hourly prices are going to be you could adjust to that information. But if you are working away from home or... see more
  • Elderly dad cannot get Smart meters
    @LucySc That is absolutely brilliant news. Thank you for the update and future updates as they could be beneficial to others. see more
  • Exciting News
    @geoffers Seriously can you see everyone happy to look up daily energy prices. 😂 I would surprised if many knew where to look in the first instance.... see more
  • Elderly dad cannot get Smart meters
    I just wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that Lee has been following this issue up very tenaciously for me and has been in contact... see more
  • Exciting News
    @retrotecchie - this isn't actually a TOU tariff, though I don't see why people couldn't check the rates for themselves if they want to reduce their... see more
  • A great big E.ON Next community welcome!
    Good Morning Community 👋 How are we all? It's Monday and time to welcome our new members, just a couple today so please join me in saying hello. ... see more
  • Exciting News
    @geoffers ToU tariffs are all very well, but no-one seems to have addressed the obvious question. If the price of electricity changes on the... see more
  • Exciting News
    I think this is a worst case upper limit if wholesale prices rocket, and you'd be free to change tariff at any time In reality looking at their... see more
  • Storage heater not getting any power in off peak hours
    @Sidra has there been any changes to your meter since last year? We’re other members of the public and can help to answer questions such as yours... see more
  • Exciting News
    @Andy65 the benefits will naturally be higher for big users than small users. The risks they face in percentage terms will though be much the... see more
  • Exciting News
    I see from the FAQ link posted by @geoffers that the tentacled supplier has a maximum rate of 30p per kWh for Gas and £1 per kWh for electricity. I... see more
  • Enable Optical port on Liberty 100
    @johnhamelink The port is usually disabled by default on all smart meters. It can only be enabled by an engineer with a portable terminal and the... see more
  • Storage heater not getting any power in off peak hours
    Our storage heater not getting any power in off peak hours, they were all ok in last winter. Heating automatically start at day time which is really... see more
  • Enable Optical port on Liberty 100
    Hi there, I purchased and built a piggy meter (https://aquaticus.info/meter.html) which is a tool designed to read the optical port on a meter and... see more
  • Exciting News
    Count me in, 👍 see more
  • Exciting News
    This may be of interest: Just done some Googling and Octopus has a similar product - their FAQ... https://octopus.energy/tracker-faqs/ explains... see more
  • Exciting News
    Hello, Fantastic news, I guess my first thought will be whether E-On will provide API access to the tracker data including the smart meter data... see more
    I don’t yet have a smart meter but I’m sceptical that the UK population will take to TOU tariffs in great numbers. If they require people to... see more
  • Endless tv and radio ads
    I'm fairly sure that when they first introduced support via Twitter, Facebook etc, it was aimed at those who wanted to send a message but didn't need... see more
  • Endless tv and radio ads
    True, @Andy65 but there's a more fundamental systemic problem here. If cost of obtaining a new customer through slick marketing with happy cartoon... see more