Community power.

Hello friends and welcome to the E.ON Next Community forum! This is a space for you to share your knowledge and get advice from each other; whether that's energy and energy solutions, cost saving tips or just fancy a chat. You'll find inspiration and support, you might even make a new friend or two along the way.
Register and join the forum conversation today.

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. Welcome, News & Updates

Come and meet the Community team as well as other members! Keep an eye on this board for the latest announcements on what's happening at E.ON Next!
  2. Sustainable Future

Come and share changes we can make, options we have and green solutions and together we can build a picture of what a sustainable, no carbon future looks like.
  3. Help & Support

Have a problem? Post here and a community member will be happy to help you.
  4. Get Involved

A space for you to give us your feedback, start a conversation and for Community Comrades.
  • Plain ordinary electric hot water
    I firmly believe climate change is real, and I further believe we as a nation could do more to move to net zero more quickly. perhaps selfishly,... see more
  • What’s the best tariff.
    Evening @Miki Please see this. This link will give you a clue about using it for other things :... see more
    @retrotecchie ​​​​​​​Hi thanks for your message. I’m still waiting for my smart meters to be fitted 1st November. What I need to double check is... see more
    @Indyk_EONNext Hi thanks for your message. I’m still waiting for my smart meters to be fitted 1st November. What I need to double check is the... see more
    I might look at the cheaper/not cheaper after I've run it a few times for averaging. I really don't like to base decisions on £ but since most other... see more
    @wizzo227 - I haven't looked for any programmable tank thermostats, but in today's era of smart devices I'm sure that could well be something that's... see more
    @wizzo227 I don't fully understand where you're going with this. If you are offsetting the electricity used by the boiler from solar, then... see more
    @geoffers Is there any product on the market by which you could set your hot water tank thermostat to seek 65C+ legionella-killing temperature... see more
    @Andy65 All gas and fossil fuel boilers fail on cost of running at nil net carbon, with nobody even close to a scaleable carbon capture and... see more
  • Smart meter readings
    Hey @davem123 welcome to the community 🤗 If you've found any of these answers helpful please be sure to give a thumbs up or even better mark it as... see more
  • A great big E.ON Next community welcome!
    Good morning 😊, How is everyone today? Let's welcome our newest members to the community @Zoilitta @Sheilawalker44 @Angela131058 @davem123... see more
  • Smart meter readings
    @geoffers thanks, that does clarify it, and it makes sense that they would only need the readings once a day. Thanks for taking the time to explain. see more
    @wizzo227 If the upstairs basin is used solely used for washing hands (I think in reality it probably isn't), then I'd just wash my hands with... see more
    @wizzo227 with gas one quarter the price of electricity for most of us, I’d not even consider this. heat losses from pipe work will not really... see more
    @wizzo227 I had a similar plan earlier this year --- since I've got an electric shower and dish-washer (my water is heated with a regular... see more
  • How to convert kwh to m3
    The best way on changing properties is to read the actual meter (not the in home display) for the volume (gas) or import kWH for electicity. the... see more
    Presuming that this is a gas meter which you are talking about, and it uses the usual mains gas (not the orange cylinder), divide kWh by 11 to get... see more
    This winter I'm trying a different tactic for eco friendly hot water. A plain over-the-basin electric water heater. Theory is that the gas combi... see more
    How do I convert kwh to m3. took kwh meter reading by mistake and need m3 reading. BTW why can't eon read remotely. Just sold house so need to... see more
  • Smart meter readings
    @davem123 Just to clear some possible confusion - EOn don't pull the readings every ½ hour. They pull the whole day's worth at one point, probably... see more
  • Time of Use Tariff Saves Me Money
    @geoffers Thanks. It was quite satisfying to see that the electricity wholesale price at Nordwhatsit (£/MWh) closely resembled the retail price... see more
  • Smart meter readings
    @davem123 My pleasure. 🌞 see more
  • Smart meter readings
    @WizzyWigg Thank you for replying. I probably should have guessed that was where it was🤔 see more
  • Night rate
    @PeteTGW To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any economy 7 time patterns that have 15 minute offsets. Timings are usually on the hour or... see more
  • Smart meter readings
    Afternoon @davem123 It's in your online account under Profile. ​​​​​​​ see more