tariffs

Level 1
    the letter I received on the 22 of Sep with the new tariffs,for Oct.... does not correspond to what you have been charging me for
    if we just talk about the gas, for example.... the letter said the unit rate would go from 7.319 to 10.295.... Oct bill says unit rate 14.021

the letter received said for electricity day rate from 34.66 to 45.179.... you have charged me in Oct day rate 60.026
    electricity night rate from 17.639 to 14.224 ,, you charged me 30.545
    so you write on the right of the bill, tariffs as gas unit rate 6 96 but charge me 14.021
    standing charge 25.923 but charge me 27.128

I'd like to understand how the tariffs have changed!
    Last edited by Stephanie181; 22-10-22 at 10:01.
  • 5 Replies

Level 1
    @Stephanie181
    Hi i have the exact same problem both on electricity and gas for example the electricity day rate was 34.175p/kWh and was supposed to go up to 44.459p/kWh but instead it went up to 59.34p/kWh. Same thing with night wich went up from 17.875p/kWh to 31.04p/kWh. I've spent 2 hours today on the phone speaking with 2 of them guys for both of them to tell me that it is the correct amount. I can't see how as their email on the 21st of September said something else. Is there anyone else in this position or has anyone found a solution?
    Last edited by VladLepsa; 19-10-22 at 13:24.
    Level 91
    @Stephanie181 and @VladLepsa

The rates are probably not correct because the late announcement of the EPG caused heaps of additional work for suppliers. Eventually all will be resolve.

But if you state
    1) what region you are in?
    2) how you pay - fixed monthly direct debit, pay on receipt of bill (not by DD), or prepayment?
    3) whether you have economy 7 or not, and
    4) whether you had a fixed price tariff - if so which one and from what date?

We (volunteers ) can probably answer your question. There is no need to worry, the pricing will be resolved and applied back to 1 October in your online account in due course, but I can appreciate you want to know the correct pricing now.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    you can though see the EDF (another energy supplier) rates here, so you have some sort of expectation of what you will receive eventually.

government_energy_price_guarantee_prices._standard _variable_deemed_and_welcome._credit_meters.pdf (edfenergy.com)

@Beki_EONNext I've lost count about how many times I've posted a link to the EDF rates. It is such a useful resource because it answers so many questions simply and easily. It was also available well before 1 October. Why can't E.On Next produce something similar? It Would save a huge amount of customer service time - perhaps in time for the 1 January OFGEM standing charge revision?
    Level 1
    I live in East Sussex, payment by DD
    to me this is unacceptable and wrong to be receiving a document with the wrong prices .
    I have cancelled my DD.
    I also received, since a huge statement with reverse charges
    this is so confusing to confuse me in purpose!? what's the deal there!?
    been on Flexi tariff, no fixed contract!
    when I am being told one price (in a shop), I pay THAT price!.....
    receiving different letters with rates changing is NOT professional.....
    It loooks like everything is done to confuse me!
    But I am not accepting this confusion from them....
    I have an open case with the Ombudsman energy....
    they are following the issue!
    And I will get to the bottom of this without being fleeced by that company
    Last edited by Stephanie181; 22-10-22 at 10:08.
    Level 91
    I never advise cancelling a DD because this adds circa 8.6% to your bills.

if you go into your online account you can see what prices are currently listed for you and you can also see what alternative tariffs are available which will always include the next flex variable tariff. Prices did go up in October by circa 27%, so is that something you were not previously aware of?