Estimated gas readings on change of tariff

Level 1
    I have sent this to eon in an email but as yet no response. Any advice on how I should proceed with this. I've been charged sunstantially more due to eon not reading my smart meter since January and my tariff changed to the more expensive one at the beginning of March
    The eon estimated usage for March was approx 3000kwh!!!

Bill discrepancy account number A-xxxxxxxxx

You have sent my statement for my gas usage after I read my smart meter for you, thank you.
    However, you appear to have been unable to take my smart meter readings for my usage since January which I wasnt aware of. Because of this you have shared my usage out over the three months which I need to inform you is inaccurate
    Fortunately, I do have a record of my usage as although you weren't able to take my gas readings, I have my kWh usage on my IHD. Please find attached a photograph of my gas usage for the month of march
    And adjust my bill accordingly without delay.
    Thank you in advance for your co operation
    Kind regards
    Gillian Wray
    Name:  received_493366599102453.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  36.5 KB
  • 1 Reply

Level 44
    Hi @Gillwray

I think your best option would be to take a meter reading yourself and submit it in your online account, that should then generate a bill. I don't think that you'll get a reply to your email anytime soon as Eon-next say that they're very busy handling new customers from other suppliers. Their phone lines are also closed until 9am Tuesday but they are taking queries via social media, however with it being Easter I wouldn't expect a quick reply.