Average 1 bedroom monthly charge

Level 5
    @meldrewreborn @WizzyWigg hello! thank you both so much. To respond to your points, and what i've started doing lately based on your comments:

• Heating: Not sure what you meant by method to heat my apartment but my central box is now set to auto with the following program: P1: 6am, 21.5*; P2: 8am, 12*; p3: 6pm, 21* and P4: 10pm,15*.I also now turn the box off and only switch it on when I feel I need some warmth (rather than leaving it on the whole day like I did before). I also turn off the radiator in the living room if the heating is on and I am in my bedroom.

• Water heater: I'm not sure how my hot water is heated, but it used to be on 24/7! I now turn it off from the box or the switch in the storage room and turn it on before I shower. Sometimes only once a day for about an hour as the water is still hot after a day or 2.

• I also turn the boiler switch off when the water heater or heating is not on.

• Tariff: I am currently on this tariff: Next Fixed 12m v6, which I changed in January from Next Flex. Should I be on a cheaper tariff? Unfortunately the Next Fixed 12m v6 has an exit fee so unless i am changing to another cheaper tariff i am adamant to switch again.

• Thanks @meldrewreborn for doing the costings! I really need to reduce my consumption as it seems. hopefully these changes will lower the cost but if there is something else I could be doing please let me know. Thanks

Level 91
    @mzmai

You're welcome - hopefully we've helped you.

In general terms we all use more energy in the winter than in the summer and your consumption should now fall each month as the weather and temperatures get better. The summer is a good time to look at all the devices in your home and consider whether they need to be on at all. Even devices in standby use energy and although its not a lot per hour there are a lot of hours in a week (168).

Then as we all know energy costs are high, and will still be high (compared to the period 2015-2019) than what we got used to. So if we heat our homes when we're not there or when we're asleep in bed then that's an expensive waste. Personally I also prize comfort so, I rather than be cold, I'll keep my home to a temperature that I'm comfortable with when I'm in it.

Since you are on a fixed tariff you should look carefully at the terms and conditions about exit charges. In many cases you can switch to a new tariff without exit charges if you stay with Eon Next, but not if you move to a different supplier. I'm afraid I don't have access to the T&Cs for your particular tariff. If you can switch to a new cheaper tariff you should do so - it might even be worthwhile doing so even if there is an exit charge you cannot avoid - but do the maths carefully.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.