Impossible to book online- or even at all

Level 3
    For a month now I’ve been trying to get EON to install a gas smart meter.

it would be easier to book a flight to mars!

the eon next website sends you in circles with no options at all to book or get one fitted. You think you are getting there and as if by magic you go back to the faq page.

You think to yourself, I’ll go back to square one and use the WhatsApp messaging service. That takes hours but they eventually reply. And guess what - there are no appointments. No just this week, but no appointments EVER!

it almost as if they don’t actually install these things at all. Promises to get back are made and don’t happen. People say the will escalate and they don’t, or if they do it’s as good as buying a chocolate teapot.

really eon - this isn’t acceptable.

I’ve provisionally spoken with octopus and they state that they can and would install on request within 28 days of a transfer. And they do have some rather good tariffs. So once my nice cheap electricity tarried ends in April - I’d bring is done, I’m off to them.

your website is your shop window and it’s broken -

ironically on WhatsApp chat I was given a link to make a complaint. Of course that doesn’t work it takes you back to account log in and after scrolling for several minutes though information on smart traffics, solar, boilers, how to USE (not obtain) a smart meter and other full stuff it says “use WhatsApp to contact us.

this isn’t witchcraft - it’s part do your staple business and also something mandated to be done by government. It’s also very useful. It’s just something you can’t seem to do for me and I’d love to know the reason why please.
  • 1 Reply

Level 91
    @TonyB

I think the installers work in a particular area for a while , then are reassigned to another. If you are not in those areas there will be no appointments. But the entire system and process of meter installation repair and maintenance is pretty dire in my opinion. Do they care? Not nearly enough!

Voting with your feet is the only sensible option. Since I don’t want smart metering it isn’t an action I need to take.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.