Problem with IHD - initially not showing gas history, now not connecting

Level 1
    @TWhits

whether it’s OFGEM or the Ombudsman it’s a hard slog. I haven’t faith in either.

I think all the ombudsman services are underfunded and overwhelmed and service to us plebs severely compromised.

You are probably right. It does grind us down but I find it hypocritical when such organisations make such blatantly false claims about their customer service. They are keen to "appear" to do the right thing but it is all a glossy facade as they don't actually follow through with actions.
    Level 28
    You are probably right. It does grind us down but I find it hypocritical when such organisations make such blatantly false claims about their customer service. They are keen to "appear" to do the right thing but it is all a glossy facade as they don't actually follow through with actions.
    I think it all depends whether you're a glass half empty or glass half full sort of person. 😁

Various reports suggest that 10% of installed smart meters aren't working in smart mode, which I agree isn't perfect.

However this also means that 90% of smart meters ARE working smartly ... As with any news reporting, forum discussions etc it's only the minority of people with problems who tend to hit the headlines, which inevitably skews the perception that everybody has problems 👍
    Level 1
    I think it all depends whether you're a glass half empty or glass half full sort of person. 😁

Various reports suggest that 10% of installed smart meters aren't working in smart mode, which I agree isn't perfect.

However this also means that 90% of smart meters ARE working smartly ... As with any news reporting, forum discussions etc it's only the minority of people with problems who tend to hit the headlines, which inevitably skews the perception that everybody has problems 👍

True. Our Smart meter and our IHD worked fine until recently BUT now that we are having problems, we find that EON try to identify the minimum they can do and are desperate to disown the problems - they tell us that they can't do anything about the IHD or the App that they provide! Quite likely the other energy providers do similar.
    Level 91
    @TWhits

the stats released on 30 November omitted the number of meters working in traditional mode because of data issues. Surprise surprise!

personally I think that new installation should cease until existing meters are fixed.
    in any event it seems the rate of new installations is reducing year by year, which makes little sense, unless it’s evidence of the diversion of effort to deal with non functioning smart meters. There’s also the switch off of 2g which could be diverting effort. The target for completion of the programme moves further into the future and the so called benefits disappear.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @TWhits

the stats released on 30 November omitted the number of meters working in traditional mode because of data issues. Surprise surprise!

Around 12% and increasing on a weekly basis. My industry sources tell me smart meters are dropping off line due to comms issues at around the same rate as new ones are being installed and will overtake that figure in early 2024.

About time the industry stopped throwing (our) good money after bad and just scrapped the whole nonsense. Or realise that PLC is the right way to go and put smart communications under the control of the electricity industry and not under the DCC.

Failing that, if they are adamant that they want to make the system work, bin any meters still in the pipeline that aren't fully 4/5g compliant and stop any new installations until sufficient new standard meters are available. Then, replace all the existing installed meters (SMETS1 first) in the wild with new ones before rolling out newer installations.

Personally, I think that after 11 years, billions of pounds of customer's money and only 34% of customers having fully working and reliable smart systems, I would rather they scrapped the whole notion and went back to traditional meters. It would save the industry and consumers a fortune.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.