Get a voltage and current reading from L+G E470 SMETS1 smart meter

Level 21
    @KeithWilliamson
    Very sensible testing at night time; that removes a whole lot of uncertainty. I could not correctly read that image which you sent; possibly a dot too small to photograph ? No wonder you need to ask around. Someone who knows that meter type should be able to answer any queries, and that isn't me. Your test loads listed all sound to me like as you say, unity power factor; good choice. Something which could go wrong is that in the warm weather we are having, your room might get too warm and some fan heaters have an officious thermostat. One way around that is to run your fan heater through a plug-in-energy-monitor for single three-pin socket, which ought to show about the same kWh use as does the pictured kWh meter. Plug in energy monitors are easier to use too; one button 'function' cycles through
    elapsed kWh, rms Volts, rms Amps, min Watts, max Watts, present Watts.
    Level 92
    @wizzo227

Most of the good ones show PF as well. 👍
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    I've got a couple of Energenie plug-in monitors. The cost less than £10 from CPC Farnell. Despite the low cost they are staggeringly accurate compared with my calibrated and certified Fluke meters. All within 1% for V AC and A. they read W, V, Hz, A, power factor , max W and max A.

i've also got a scope and can view waveform OF V and A. I'm not confident that my Fluke clamp-on ammeter attachment has the frequency response to show an accurate current waveform. But all I can see is a lot cleaner than the waveforms higher up this string of posts. Those waveforms look like a very poorly supressed SMPS, certainly not one that would comply with EU EMC standards!

My L+G SMETS1 meter reads instantaneous kW, but not V or A. The B button doesn't help and I've so far not found that it does anything useful!