Extremely high bill

Level 21
    There is no time to waste. over 4000 units a month; 133 kWh/day; on average 1 kWh every 11 minutes... By watching your meter for about 5 minutes you should see whether or not it goes up by a few tenths. Go back to it at after work time every night this week at about the same time. If you are using about 4kWh/day and not about 133kWh/day then buy a newspaper, photograph the meter, and do the same at least a day later. Those are timestamped evidence from which an estimate could be created, if one is needed.

"I've just double checked. Last reading on the meter in question was a smart reading which was on the 26/10/23 and was 16970. The reading i submitted today was taken on 24/11/23 and was 21125."
    At least one of those might be wrong. To make sure that hi@eonnect.com look into it and possibly check meter reading procedures, rather than accidently putting through a massive overcharge, it might be useful to poke around with your internet banking "payments to people you've paid before" "direct debits" "manage". They'll squawk, but my October bill was less than 35 pounds; you should probably not be paying more than a thousand. Some smart meters have a lot more numbers showing than the relevant one from which your bill should be calculated. Not my subject, but do ask someone. For example, if you had read a big gas number and sent it off when you'd been asked for the other electric number. If that happened, then your electric bill could be recalculated to the next smartmeter electric read.
    Level 16
    That's over 4150 units in a month. That's one and a half times what I use in a year! Something is definitely wrong. That equates to 138kWh a day. Or 5.8kWh every hour. The only things that will do that sort of consumption are an electric cooker, an electric space heater or a 'boost' immersion heater (the top one in your tank) left on 24/7.

But where has all that energy gone? In theory a electric cooker, electric space heater or a 'boost' immersion heater could sink a lot of energy if they ran continuously but even when turned on all the time they are each thermostatically controlled and will shut themselves off once fully heated up. To use that much energy something in your apartment should be getting extremely warm.
    Level 56
    @wbro74

Make sure the meters that you have read recently have the same Meter Serial Numbers listed in your online account. What are the new meter readings today? Have they been advancing by the same rate? 138 kWh/day or thereabouts since the reading you submitted on 24th November?