E.ON Electricity meter not sending readings

Level 1
    Hi, can someone tell me what the symbols highlighted mean on my meter display please. My meter sent its last smart reading on 19/05/21, no tariff data shown on IHD. Name:  meter 1 - Copy (2).jpg
Views: 906
Size:  28.8 KBAttachment 1954Name:  ihd 1.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  35.7 KB Name:  ihd 2.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  33.1 KB

Thanks

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 3 Replies

Level 92
    @aj787

Symbol one means the main contactor is on, which means you are on supply.
    Symbol two means the auxilliary contactor is closed which means the fifth terminal is live, e.g. For heating and immersion heater circuits if fitted.
    Symbol three indicates a communication error, I.e your meter is not talking to the network
    Symbol four is to do with the meter being capable of measuring both apparent and reactive power, not something you need to worry about.

That is an older SMETS1 setup so chances are it's not been adopted onto the smart network, which is why it's not sending readings and why your IHD has no up to date info.

You can check here to see if it's visible to the network.

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

If it's not on the network, then all bets are off. If it is visible, you will need to ask for a meter tariff push with Customer Services. The meter was originally installed by E.On, but they now only deal with business customers since you were migrated over to E.On Next as a domestic customer.

I'm assuming you also have Economy 7 or 10 as the display indicates R01 which is the peak rate reading. Advancing the display should give you the R02 or off peak reading if you have a dual-rate tariff.

Last edited by retrotecchie; 22-01-23 at 16:02.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    Thanks, very helpful. I have just checked on smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk. It shows my electricity meter's working in smart mode, supplier E,ON Next Energy Limited, The meter display used to scroll between R1 R2 & Imp when you pressed the buttons, but now it will no do that. Its stuck on the display as shown in in the picture of my meter.

Thanks again

Andy
    Level 92
    @aj787

Sounds like the meter is probably recording energy, but not being able to scroll the displays to take manual readings and the meter itself not sending readings but the comms hub being visible on the network indicates a faulty meter. Time to get hold of customer services, methinks.