Meter not sending readings

Level 78
    @WizzyWigg
    as the readings get though sometime the presumption must be that everything is set up right.

The gas mater supplies it reading via wireless to the communications hub and then onwards. Its likely to a fault between meter and the hub. The meter is powered by a long life battery and these are known to fail, Eventually your meter might be unable to measure at all if the battery fails even more. However, suppliers are reluctant to exchange the meter (only solution!) when they are still measuring correctly, the loss of smart function to you is not deemed that important.

But you can but try. Send an email with" smart gas meter not sending reading " as the message title and yo detail and description of the problem in the message text. But if you work on the basis that nothing will be done you'll not be disappointed, and if something is done you'll be delighted.
    I thought you might like to see the update I received this afternoon from a lovely young lady at HQ:

Known issue - Smart reading files are coming from the meter to BOL, however they are blank/missing read data. This is a known industry-wide issue. We're waiting on a fix for the issue, but we don't have a timeframe for this. An engineer will not be able to fix this and we need the customer to give manual reads for now.

Last edited by WizzyWigg; 08-02-23 at 16:00. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Level 91
    @WizzyWigg

Another customer reported that they could see the data on their hub, electricity readings were reaching the supplier but gas was not. Your readings are not even getting to your hub. The problem with all this is if the information you are given is incorrect for some reason, you have little or no basis for querying it.

I'd ask the "lovely young lady" (is that relevant?) how her explanation prevents data from the meter reaching the hub in your home, as the BOL is not in your home. It stands to reason if the data isn't getting even as far as the Communications Hub, anything further downstream is obviously not going to get anything.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.